The ideal candidate for this vacancy will provide age appropriate analytical support to drive player engagement within the foundation and youth development phase and facilitate player development.
This individual will also participate and contribute to other department projects when required.
Location: Academy, SA6 8AX
Department: Performance Analysis Department
Reporting to: Head of Academy Performance Analysis
Contract Type: Permanent 40 hours per week (including evenings & weekends)
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Film, capture and code academy games and training.
- Produce additional video and data content to support Academy needs e.g. coaches CPD meetings, team and player montages etc.
- Develop creative analysis resources to improve feedback with coaches
- Contribute to the development and management of best practice video libraries for use of all Swansea City Academy coaches and analysts.
- Sharing of relevant video, data and other resources with staff, players and parents using various Swansea City Academy platforms.
- Contribute to the overall development of the Academy Performance Analysis Department
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (Performance Analysis / Sport Science)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing analytical support within an elite football environment
- Proficient in the use of industry standard software (Sportscode / Coach Paint / Hudl)
- Passion for football and demonstrable tactical football knowledge and game understanding
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of the general processes and requirements of filming, capturing and analysing video for feedback to individuals and groups is an essential requirement.
- Ability to maintain standards whilst working under strict time pressures
- Football coaching qualifications (FA level 2 or equivalent)
- Experience managing and visualising large data sets
- Knowledge of scripting language and its use within professional football
Swansea City AFC is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and strives to have an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As part of the club’s commitment to equality we are committed to a fair recruitment process. If you require additional support in applying for any of our vacancies please contact [email protected] or 01792 616600.
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to [email protected].
As this role will require regular work with children and adults at risk an enhanced DBS will be required along with two professional references.
Once you have applied for this role, you are required to complete an equal opportunities survey to allow the club to monitor the diversity of its applicants and ensure we are reaching a broad spectrum of people. The survey will take less than five minutes and can be accessed by clicking HERE.
The closing date for this vacancy will be March 2, 2018.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer. The Company does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Swansea City AFC reserve right to remove this advert.
Due to a high demand in applications the club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
All applications will be retained on file for three months.