Vacancy: first-team physiotherapist
An exciting opportunity has become available at Swansea City. We are currently looking to recruit a physiotherapist to work primarily with the first-team squad.
Swansea (Training Ground)
40 hours per week (including evenings and weekends)
Rate of pay
This is an exciting opening for a proactive physiotherapist with a passion for sports injury assessment, management and prevention to join a sports medicine department at a football club.
The successful applicant will ideally require experience working with sportspeople at an elite level and/or will have previous musculoskeletal experience, preferably with a top-tier professional football club.
The candidate will be expected to follow the first team weekly schedule, which includes evening and weekend work. There will be the requirement to cover matches, training and tours (national and international), managing clinical caseloads and act as a member of the multidisciplinary performance department.
Please note the vacancy is specific to qualified chartered physiotherapists only.
- To ensure squad players under your care receive appropriate assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries as needed as well as maintenance strategies to ensure maximal training time can be enjoyed.
- To liaise daily with the First Team Manager, Football Staff and Club Doctor to provide and discuss injury and treatment strategies for players under your care.
- To maintain and improve injury prevention strategies across the First Team Squad Members as per best clinical practices.
- To ensure that appropriate medical cover and equipment is provided at all relevant training sessions and matches.
- To communicate and inform relevant staff of the progress of players under your care.
- To monitor and reflect upon the practices and treatment you provide to ensure continual professional development and evidence based practices.
- To ensure all medical records are maintained and up dated accordingly and also in line with the relevant body’s rules and regulations.
- To assist the other Physiotherapists to ensure the Medical Department is efficient and effective across all phases.
- To adhere to club policies.
- To assist in the implementation and delivery of screening and pre-habilitation programmes.
- To ensure all individualised player development programmes are delivered and adhered to.
- Chartered Physiotherapist
- HCPC and CSP registered
- Flexible attitude towards work pattern
- Previous musculoskeletal physiotherapy experience
- Periodisation physical therapy experience and expertise
- FA ATMMiF Accreditation
- Previous experience of working in elite sport
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a wide range of staff.
- Must have the ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Must have the ability to develop within the role, learn new skills and deal with change.
- Must be highly organised and assertive with strong communication and time management skills.
- Ability to multi task in a fast pace ever changing environment
- Ability to anticipate the ever changing needs of an elite environment in line with the demands of the role.
The closing date for this vacancy will be May 31, 2019.
If you would like to apply for this role please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or to Swansea City AFC HR Department, Liberty Stadium, Swansea SA1 2FA.
Once you have applied for this role, you are required to complete an equal opportunities survey to allow the club to monitor the diversity of its applicants and ensure we are reaching a broad spectrum of people. The survey will take less than five minutes and can be accessed at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BR9JST5
The Company is an equal opportunities employer. The Company does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.
The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company’s recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Swansea City AFC reserve right to remove this advert.
Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.