VACANCY: Security officer
Job title: Security officer
Department: SSMC Operations
Salary: Details on application
Responsible to: Operations manager/security manager
Skills and attributes
The Liberty Stadium is looking to recruit a number of security officers, for which the successful individuals must carry a friendly disposition with a smart, professional appearance to maintain the high standards established at the stadium.
Due to the nature of the stadium, flexibility is essential to meet changing business requirements. The successful individual must be IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft packages. Experience within a security role and an SIA qualification are desirable but not essential.
A full clean driving license will also be desirable as a number of the roles will work on a mobile basis.
Main purpose of job
Provide security and reception support at the Liberty Stadium front desk for event days and evening functions. The role will include general reception duties and assist with football and rugby fixtures on a security basis. The role will also provide security and reception cover at sites owned by Swansea City Football Club.
Job duties and tasks
- Provide a security patrol across all premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily/nightly activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when the sites are closed.
- Advise on the behaviour expected when present at the sites.
- Operate CCTV and any detecting devices to monitor individuals and prevent passage of prohibited items or persons into restricted areas.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering
Documenting/recording information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
Gathering information - Observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
Communication - Providing information by telephone in written form, e-mail or in person.
Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others - Handling complaints, settling disputes and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
Inspecting equipment, structures or material - Inspecting equipment, structures or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects and passing on the issues to the designated contact.
Security patrols - Basic security patrols provide an added level of vigilance and intelligence gathering to prevent or detect an incident occurring. All patrols must be different in their execution with routes and times changed to avoid familiarisation.
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or to Carys Ash, Liberty Stadium, Landore Swansea SA1 2FA.
The closing date for this vacancy will be Monday, March 20, 2017.
The company is an equal opportunities employer. The company does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the company. As part of the company's recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Due to a high demand in applications the club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.