FULL-TIME: Swans 2 Manchester City 4

17th May 2015

The Swans were edged out of a six-goal thriller with Manchester City in the final home game of their Barclays Premier League campaign.
The visitors had led 2-0 after 36 minutes thanks to goals from Yaya Toure and James Milner.
But Gylfi Sigurdsson's ninth goal of the season - a thunderous low effort that found the bottom corner - cut the deficit on the stroke of half-time.
And the Liberty was rocking once again as Bafe Gomis controlled Jazz Richards' fine cross before volleying low across goal and past Joe Hart.
That was the Frenchman's tenth of the season, but there were more goals to come.
Yaya Toure's thunderous 20-yard shot flew under Fabianski before sub Wilfried Bony put the icing on the cake for the visitors as he scored against his former club in added-on time.
This defeat left the Swans, who are guaranteed eighth place, with 56 points with one game to play.

The Swans made two changes to their starting XI.
With Angel Rangel picking up a groin injury during the away win at Arsenal, Jazz Richards came in at right-back while Bafe Gomis - who scored in that victory at the Emirates - was fit enough to start.
Ki Sung-Yueng missed out as he is sidelined following minor knee surgery, while Kyle Naughton, Jordi Amat and loanee Nelson Oliveira were also unavailable.
Manchester City recalled Yaya Toure to their starting XI though they were without Samir Nasri, who had a groin injury.
Former Swans striker Wilfried Bony, meanwhile, made his first trip to the Liberty since his January switch to Manchester City. The Ivorian was included among the substitutes for the visitors.

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Jazz Richards, Federico Fernandez, Ashley Williams (capt), Neil Taylor, Jack Cork, Jonjo Shelvey (Leon Britton, 78), Gylfi Sigurdsson (Marvin Emnes 83), Nathan Dyer (Modou Barrow, 73), Jefferson Montero, Bafe Gomis.
SUBS: Gerhard Tremmel, Kyle Bartley, Dwight Tiendalli, Matt Grimes.

MANCHESTER CITY: Joe Hart, Martin Demichelis, Pablo Zabaleta, Alexsandar Kolarov, Eliaquim Mangala, James Milner, David Silva, Yaya Toure (capt, Wilfried Bony, 85), Fernandinho (Vincent Kompany, 79), Frank Lampard (Jesus Navas, 59), Sergio Aguero.
SUBS: Willy Caballero, Gael Clichy, Edin Dzeko, Stevan Jovetic.

The game got off to a lively start, with the Swans quick out of their blocks.
After Martin Demichelis lost possession, Jonjo Shelvey sent Bafe Gomis hurtling towards goal following a fine pass, but the French striker saw his shot parried by Joe Hart.
Gomis then failed to direct a Neil Taylor cross on target after neat play from the lively Jefferson Montero, before the Swans striker nodded wide from Gylfi Sigurdsson's corner.
At the other end, Aleksandar Kolarov fired a powerful 25-yard free-kick past Lukasz Fabianski's near post, while Dyer went close to opening the scoring as he saw his left-footed effort tipped wide after the winger had dispossessed Eliaquim Mangala.
But it was the visitors who found the breakthrough on 21 minutes as Yaya Toure's effort took a deflection off Ashley Williams and into the corner of the net despite Fabianski getting a hand to it.
It was against the run of play, but the home crowd were urging on the Swans to find an instant reply.
However, the visitors were celebrating another goal in the 36th minute after a fine counter attack.
After clearing a Swans corner, Frank Lampard's sublime pass sent Sergio Aguero racing towards goal. And when he slipped in the onrushing James Milner, the England international cut back onto his right foot before finding the bottom far corner from ten yards.
The Swans needed a response, and they got one on the stroke of half-time as Taylor teed up Sigurdsson, and the midfielder controlled before firing a thunderous effort into the far corner.
It ended a lively first half, with much more drama to come.

Half-time: Swans 1 Manchester City 2

The second half got off to a busy start, with Lampard directing Aguero's cross straight at Fabianski while, at the other end, Hart did superbly well to dive low down to tip Shelvey's 25-yard effort wide for a corner.
Then Swans skipper Williams tried his luck, winning the ball off David Silva before going for goal, but it failed to trouble Hart.
The first substitution of the game came on the hour mark as Jesus Navas replaced Lampard.
And Navas almost had an immediate impact as he was denied from close range by Fabianski, who had kept out Silva just seconds earlier.
It paid dividends for the Swans, who were on level terms moments later.
In the 65th minute, a pinpoint cross from the right touchline from Jazz Richards found Gomis, who controlled before firing cross goal and into the corner of the net leaving Hart helpless.
It was thrilling, end-to-end action, and the visitors almost regained the lead two minuets later as Silva latched onto Milner's return pass in the box but Fabianski raced out to bravely deny the Spaniard by diving low to block the shot.
Garry Monk made his first change in the final 18 minutes as Modou Barrow came on in place of Nathan Dyer.
And, in the 74th minute, the visitors got themselves ahead once again as Toure shrugged off Jack Cork before his blistering low shot beat the outstretched hand of Fabianski.
Another Swans change followed, with Leon Britton replacing Shelvey as the Swans went in search of another equaliser.
The Swans were pushing hard for an equaliser, and they would have been on level terms had Hart not pulled off one of the saves of the season as he tipped Federico Fernandez's header over the crossbar after it had looked destined to nestle into the top corner.
Marvin Emnes then replaced Sigurdsson as the game entered the final few moments.
And, with time ticking away, Hart came to City's rescue once again as he denied Gomis' header from ten yards out.
With five minutes left, the Liberty was on its feet to applaud the introduction of Wilfried Bony, who replaced Toure, as the Swans supporters showed their appreciation to the striker.
And Bony, like he had many times in his Swansea career, found the net once again at the Liberty.
His low shot rebounded off the far post and trickled across the line, with the home fans applauding the Ivorian for refusing to celebrate.
And that was the end of a thrilling game, with the Swans squad and staff giving a lap of appreciation to the supporters for their fantastic backing at the Liberty this season.