MATCH PREVIEW: Aston Villa v Swans
24th October 2015
The Swans will be looking to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they travel to Aston Villa (3pm).
Garry Monk's side head to Villa Park on the back of five games without a win in the Barclays Premier League, including last Monday's home defeat against Stoke.
Villa, meanwhile, are also looking to turn their fortunes around with Tim Sherwood's men not having won since an opening-day victory at Bournemouth.
The Swans have enjoyed a good record against Saturday's opponents, with Villa having won just once in their last eight outings against the Welsh side.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID
Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood: "We're not where we want to be in the table at the moment. I think we've played some good stuff in a lot of the games this season, but we just haven't been getting the results.
"Most of our matches have been incredibly tight. There's been nothing in a lot of them.
"Now though it's about getting a win. We're fully focused on three points. That's all we're concentrating on."
Swans boss Garry Monk: "We had a very similar period last season - there was a run of games where we were indifferent.
"We used our unity to get through it. Things were talked about outside, but we don't listen. We had a period where we went to Southampton, got the result, and that was due to our unity.
"We are in a difficult run, there is no denying that, but we have shown what we are capable of and getting back. These are good players."
LAST FIVE MEETINGS
Aston Villa 0-1 Swansea - March 2015
Swansea 1-0 Aston Villa - December 2014
Swansea 4-1 Aston Villa - April 2014
Aston Villa 1-1 Swansea - December 2013
Swansea 2-2 Aston Villa - January 2013
- Aston Villa have won just one of their eight Premier League meetings with Swansea (D3 L4), losing each of the last three and failing to score in the last two
- Tim Sherwood has lost 14 of his 22 Premier League games in charge of Aston Villa
- The Villans have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League home games
- Jonjo Shelvey has attempted the most shots (27 - incl. blocked) without scoring in the Premier League this season
- Bafétimbi Gomis has now failed to score in five successive Premier League appearances after scoring nine goals in his previous 10 games in the competition
You can follow all the action from Villa Park via Twitter @SwansOfficial, on Facebook and through the official website.