MATCH PREVIEW: Sunderland v Swans
22nd August 2015
The Swans will be looking to continue their good start to the season when they face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light (3pm).
Garry Monk's side have collected four points from their opening two games - including last weekend's 2-0 victory over Newcastle at the Liberty.
They now face another opponent from the north east in the form of Sunderland, who are still searching for their first points of the season.
The Black Cats were beaten 4-2 at Leicester on the opening day before being on the receiving end of a 3-1 home defeat against Norwich last weekend.
The Swans have lost just once in their previous eight Premier League matches against Sunderland.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID
Sunderland boss Dick Advocaat: "I didn't want to change the back-line already after one game. But at the moment, there are players playing who I can't understand why they are playing that way.
"But there must be a reason and I hope that they can tell me."
Swans boss Garry Monk: "They (Sunderland) are in front of their own fans so we are expecting a difficult game - they have good players and a good manager who knows what he wants.
"I'm expecting a reaction from them and it makes it increasingly harder for us. But we are in good form, we are working in a good way and we're looking forward to the game."
2014/15 LEAGUE MEETINGS
Sunderland 0-0 Swansea - September 27, 2014
Swansea 1-1 Sunderland - February 7, 2015
- Sunderland have conceded at least three goals in their last three Premier League matches
- The Swans have lost just once in eight Premier League games against Sunderland
- Jefferson Montero has embarked on 19 dribbles in the Premier League after two matchdays; more than any other player
- Sunderland have not won a Premier League home game after conceding the first goal since December 2011 (vs. Blackburn), losing 20 and drawing eight of the 28 matches since
- Bafétimbi Gomis has scored seven goals in his last eight Premier League games for Swansea City