MATCH PREVIEW: Swans v Newcastle
15th August 2015
The Swans return to home soil on Saturday when they face Newcastle United at the Liberty Stadium (3pm).
Garry Monk's side started the new season with an impressive performance at Stamford Bridge last weekend as they twice came from behind to draw 2-2 against Chelsea.
Newcastle began the campaign with a 2-2 draw of their own against Southampton last Sunday, while Swansea have won five out of their last six meetings between the two sides.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID
Swans boss Garry Monk: "They have added quality to the squad this summer and have always been a big club who can attract players.
"Of course we've done well against Newcastle in the past but it's a new team there now, with a new manager, and we have to be ready and focussed because we're expecting a really tough game on Saturday."
Newcastle boss Steve McClaren: "It's an away test at Swansea who, over the years, have been one of the clubs who certainly that lower league and Championship clubs have modelled themselves on, or tried to.
"I think a lot of credit goes to Huw Jenkins the chairman. He runs that club so, so well. From the outside we look in and it's a club the size of Swansea that everybody needs to follow."
2014/15 LEAGUE MEETINGS
Swansea 2-2 Newcastle - October 4, 2014
Newcastle 2-3 Swansea - April 25, 2015
- Since being promoted to the top-flight, Swansea have collected more points against Newcastle than any other side (17 - W5 D2 L1)
- Papiss Cisse has netted four times in four Premier League appearances against the Swans
- Andre Ayew has scored in eight of his last 14 league appearances (France and England), including four goals in his last six games
- Newcastle have lost six successive Premier League away games, scoring just one goal in that period
- Bafétimbi Gomis has scored six goals in his last seven Premier League games for Swansea City
You can follow all the action from the Liberty Stadium via Twitter @SwansOfficial, on Facebook and through the official website.