Swans are up for the cup
With the Swans travelling to Hull City this afternoon for an FA Cup tie, we take a look at the club's recent history in the competition.
A recent study by The Giant Killers: A Search for the FA Cup's Ultimate Underdog, has found that the club are actually the second biggest giant killer of the last 25 years.
The study analysed two-and-a-half decades worth of results from the third round onwards and found that the Swans had beaten teams a total of 213 places above them.
Their biggest victory came against West Ham in 1999, a club who were a staggering 70 places ahead of them, while they've also famously beaten FA Cup holders Portsmouth, Manchester United and Sheffield United over the years.
The Swans' rapid rise to the Premier League also saw them consistently punch above their weight, but it was against the Hammers in the FA Cup Third Round in 1999 that is most remembered.
The Swans heroically earned a draw at Upton Park, with Jason Smith's goal cancelled out by Julian Dicks' late equaliser.
But, under the lights at the Vetch Field, the club made history by becoming the first bottom division side to beat a top flight club since the reformation of the Premier League thanks to Martin Thomas' strike.
They were pipped to the top spot by Luton Town, who have beaten teams a massive 233 places above them in recent times, including a 1-0 win over Premier League Norwich, at the time 88 places above them - the largest individual giant kill over the same period.
You can see the full results at: www.facupgiantkillers.com
Top 10 giant killers (last 25 years)
1. Luton Town - 233
2. Swansea City - 213
3. Oldham Athletic - 213
4. Sheffield United - 203
5. Cardiff City - 195
6. Stevenage - 186
7. Leyton Orient - 165
8. Bolton Wanderers - 162
9. Shrewsbury Town - 159
10. Rochdale - 156
Top 10 giant kills (last 25 years)
1. Norwich City 0-1 Luton Town (2012/13) - 88
2. Shrewsbury Town 2-1 Everton (2002/03) - 85
3. Macclesfield Town 2-1 Cardiff City (2012/12) - 82
4. Havant & Waterlooville 4-2 Swansea City (2007/08) - 78
5. Derby County 1-3 Bristol Rovers (2001/02) - 72
6. Swansea City 1-0 West Ham United (1998/99) - 70
7. Swindon Town 1-2 Stevenage (1997/98) - 69
8. Crewe Alexandra 0-1 Telford United (2002/03) - 66
9. Stevenage 3-1 Newcastle United (2010/11) - 62
10. Torquay United 1-0 Blackpool (2008/09) - 6