Swansea City adds new functionality to official app
Swansea City is excited to introduce new functionality to the iOS version of the official Swans app. The introduction of widgets will allow fans with Apple iPhones to be even closer to all the latest on and off-field news, without having to even open the Swans app.
Widgets enhance the user experience by promoting key content from the app, directly in the Apple home screen. This will allow fans to see key content at a glance, without opening the app. Fans will be able to personalise their widgets, with the ability to get key information on their home screen – such as the latest news and upcoming fixtures (when released).
Widget functionality is currently only available on Apple devices, which have iOS 14 or above.
How to use
From your Apple home screen, touch and hold an existing widget or empty area until the apps jiggle.
- Click on the + icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Scroll down until you see the Swansea City app.
- Scroll across to pick the widget you want – select from a range of sizes of ‘Latest News’ or ‘Latest Matches’.
- When selected, you can move the widget to your required location.
- Tap the Done button to complete.
You may need to update the Swans App in the App Store.