Swansea City are committed to easing our supporter journey for a safe and enjoyable matchday experience with easy access to services. To assist disabled supporters, we have made a wealth of information available – from how to purchase tickets, plan your routes and a quick-reference guide on our need-to-know policies.
We regularly review our arrangements and services and will continue to introduce improvements as quickly as is reasonably practicable. In addition to this, Swansea City understands that no disability is the same, so if you still have further questions about your visit, we would welcome you to get in touch on the details below. Alternatively, if you have any feedback about the policy and access guides, or require them in an alternative format, please contact:
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: 01792 616 600 (MONDAY-FRIDAY, 9AM-5PM)
Finally, we look forward to welcoming you to the Liberty Stadium.
The Swans are working in partnership with Disabled Go to produce detailed pan-disability accessibility guides for the Liberty Stadium.
The accessibility information in the guide aims to assist fans with disabilities and visitors to the Liberty Stadium so they can find out about access in advance.
This guide has been separated into two areas, access guides and route plans.
As a club we recognise that prior information can be extremely effective in alleviating concerns and ensuring that supporters and their families are able to fully enjoy their matchday experience.
When planning a visit as a disabled person, the power of images (in the guide and route plan) and being able to see your surroundings, knowing that a location is accessible, can be a big factor in whether you decide to visit.
Visiting and existing disabled supporters will be able to familiarise and keep up to date with our access facilities.
Planning a visit to a match?
Disabled Go have produced an Access Guide to make sure you’re fully prepared for your trip.
Visit the Swans Disabled Go homepage HERE
The guide is split into two parts:
Access Guides- Including more info on facilities
Route Plans- Including information on travel, parking and drop off points.
How to Book
Following great strides made in recent years, Swansea City AFC is now able to offer supporters with disabilities the chance to purchase online, in person and over the phone for the first time in its history.
- Internet - Providing you are registered disabled with our ticket office, purchases can be made online by visiting eticketing.co.uk/swanstickets and logging in. Here you can select either wheelchair or ambulant seating and a seat/ticket for your complimentary personal assistant will be automatically assigned.
Orders placed online will incur a £1.25 fee per ticket. International orders will have the option of postage at £5 per transaction. Further details can be found in our Visitor's Guide.
- Phone - call the Ticket Office 01792 616 400 (selecting, Option 1) which is open 10am-6pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm on Saturdays (times subject to change on matchdays).
- In Person - from the Ticket Office, Liberty Stadium (see address in 'Stadium Information). Opening hours are 10am-6pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm on Saturdays and cash or card payments are accepted.
Orders placed by phone or in person will incur a £2.50 fee per ticket. Please note that where the delivery method of Post or Collect is selected and time permits tickets will be posted by Royal Mail second class post. For full details on charges click here Booking and Delivery Fees.
Concessionary Ticket Policy
Swansea City AFC offers a complimentary personal assistant ticket for supporters who require one and meet the club's criteria of eligibility. The first time that wheelchair or ambulant tickets are purchased, we require one of the following documents to be provided to the Ticket Office to prove your eligibility in accordance with the club's criteria:
- DLA (Higher rate care component and Higher rate mobility component)
- PIP (Enhanced rate)
- Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
For supporters with more profound and complex disabilities, additional carer tickets are available upon request at the time of purchase.
Away Ticket Policy
For away matches, supporters with ambulant and wheelchair accessibility requirements are asked to apply within the ballot, which operates online. Should supporters receive a message claiming they are ineligible, they are advised to contact the Ticket Office to ensure their account has the correct permissions.
The decision to operate a ballot system for Away tickets is largely due to the variation in allocations Swansea City receive from away clubs. The number of wheelchair spaces available is significantly less than the allocation for non- wheelchair users. Following consultation with our Disabled Supporters Association (DSA) we believe, a ballot system provides a fairer opportunity for wheelchair users to attend Away matches, who have previously been unable.
The Ballot system:
- Provides a 24/7 box office and opportunity to apply
- Is more secure – as Card details are entered online rather than over the phone.
To purchase tickets online.
- You must be logged in to the account with which the permissions are set.
- You click on the 'Tickets' tab next to the match which you wish to attend.
- On the right-hand side, you should see a 'Disabled Ticket' tab which you select.
- You will then be offered the chance to select your appropriate age category.
- You can then proceed to check out, selecting the option to print at home where available, should you choose.
For any assistance and guidance please call the ticket office on 01792 616 400 (Option 1)
SWANSEA CITY DSA
Swansea City AFC are extremely proud of our ongoing partnership with our Disabled Supporters Association (DSA) since 2013 the DSA have advised the club on a number of occasions.
Membership fees for the 18/19 season are as follows:
Adult Members: £5.00 Junior Members: £2.00
- Entry to DSA Social evenings and events for you +1 (FREE Carer)
- 1 vote at the DSA Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Opportunity to tackle issues as a disabled supporter to help improve services for others.
- Information and support from fellow disabled supporters.
Please note-Membership runs from the 1st of September-31st of October each year.
If you are interested in joining the Swansea City Football Club Disabled Supporters Association (SCAFCDSA) or if you wish to renew your current membership, visit the Website here: http://www.swansdsa.org.uk/join/ Alternatively, contact the DSA on: [email protected]
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDANCE
Changing places toilet
Currently Swansea City AFC offers a mobile changing places Facility (Provided by Mobiloo) outside the stadium. This is located at the South-East corner of the stadium adjacent to the Jack Zone (Fan Zone)
Match Makers (wearing Red ‘Here to Help’ bibs) and stewards will be able to direct supporters. Should any supporter wish to use the facility during the game, they will need to approach the nearest Disability Liaison Officer stewards (DLOs) in green jackets.
Swansea City AFC welcomes all recognised assistance animals, such as: Guide Dogs for the Blind, Disabled Support Dogs and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf. Supporters are kindly asked to notify staff at the time of purchasing tickets so an appropriate seat can be assigned which will provide the necessary space. Additionally, a designated relief area can also be arranged nearby.
Swansea City AFC are happy to store your wheelchair during a matchday. Whilst advance notice is preferred, requests can be accommodated on the day by notifying a steward or disability liaison steward.
Two stands benefit from powerchair charging points, which can be made available for supporters to use by notifying a steward or disability liaison steward.
Medication is permitted as long as it does not pose a safety risk and it is labelled correctly. All stewards are trained in dealing with emergency situations, so if you begin to feel unwell, please notify the nearest steward who will take the appropriate action.
*Evidence may include:
- A medical letter from a GP or diabetes nurse
- Equipment to treat diabetes and/or hypoglycaemic attacks, such as insulin injections or glucose meter
- A diabetes ID card
Any questions or queries regarding specific medication should be made in advance of match days by contacting one of the relevant people below with details of medication and support you may require.
AUDIO COMMENTARY HEADSETS
For blind or partially sighted supporters, we offer a complimentary headset for matchday commentary, which uses the local hospital radio commentary feed. These headsets can be booked in advance by contacting the Ticket Office or requested through stewards on the day.
Permanent Hearing loop facilities are available at the main supporter service points at the stadium including;
- Main Reception
- Hospitality and Customer Service Reception
- The Club Shop
Should supporters require a hearing loop facility elsewhere a portable hearing loop system is available upon request.
We encourage supporters to contact us in advance of the match day to avoid any disappointment.
Swansea City AFC is committed to promoting and improving matchday facilities for disabled supporters. We understand that for ASD supporters, matchdays can be a daunting experience with numerous sensory challenges. However, we recognise that prior information can be extremely effective in alleviating these concerns and ensuring that supporters and their families are able to fully enjoy their match day experience.
To this end, we have introduced the following:
- ‘Going to the Football’ Picture Story Guide- A visual tool to assist PA/Carers explain what to expect from a matchday.
- ASD Parents or Carers Guide- With practical and helpful advice on; sensory triggers, peak times facilities etc.
- Ear Defenders- Available on matchdays via disability liaison stewards or booked in advance by e-mailing [email protected]. In all cases, a £10 cash deposit is required which is refundable on safe return of the equipment.
GET IN TOUCH
DISABILITY ACCESS OFFICER
Swansea City AFC
PHONE: 01792 616 611
E-mail: [email protected]
Swansea City AFC Reception
Liberty Stadium Switchboard
01792616400 (Option 7)
Liberty Stadium Ticket Office
01792616400 (Option 1)
01792616400 (Option 6)
If you have questions or queries about any information or need to speak to someone about arranging an above service in advance of your visit, then we invite you to contact the relevant team below who will gladly assist.
We would also welcome any feedback about your visit or suggestions for improvement, to ensure that we continue to advance in delivering the highest level of service possible
Please find below our downloadable pdf guides: