FULL-TIME: Bristol City U21s 0 Swans U21s 2

15th December 2014

The Under-21s remain top of Development League Two South after a comfortable victory over Bristol City.
The visitors dominated from the outset and broke the deadlock when Kenji Gorre crossed for Modou Barrow to convert,
Barrow was involved in the second goal midway through the second half as he set up Adam King who hit a fine shot beyond the keeper.
The Swans had further chances to extend their lead as Gorre hit a post, while substitute Alex Samuel forced a smart save from Jojo Woolacott.

BRISTOL CITY U21s: Jojo Woolacott, Ben Withey, Matthew Long, Ben Last, Zak Vyher, Jack Batten (capt), Liam Mohelle, Joe Morrell, Connor Lemonheigh-Evans, Tom Fry, Jamie Horgan.

SUBS NOT USED: Joe McNulty, Max O'Leary, Jack Alexander, James Difford, Matthew Mattis.

SWANS U21s: David Cornell, Liam Shephard (capt), Alex Gogic, Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Raheem Hanley, Adam King (Henry Jones, 70), Jay Fulton, Josh Sheehan, Modou Barrow (Ryan Hedges, 70), Kenji Gorre, James Demetriou (Alex Samuel, ht).

SUBS NOT USED: Oliver Davies, Joseph Jones.

Bristol City - with just one win in their last ten games - were on the back foot early on as both Modou Barrow and Jay Fulton had sights of goal, both of which failed to test City goalkeeper Jojo Woolacott.
However, the visitors deservedly broke the deadlock just past the midway point of the first half as Kenji Gorre crossed from the left and the unmarked Barrow duly converted from six yards out.
The hosts tried to respond and David Cornell had to be alert to tip Zak Vyher's effort over the crossbar.
But the Swans continued to press and Gorre cut in from the left to test Woolacott once more, before Josh Sheehan's corner was headed a fraction wide by Alex Gogic on the stroke of half-time.

Half-time: Bristol City U21s 0 Swans U21s 1

The Swans made a change at the break as James Demetriou made way for Alex Samuel.
And it was the away side who continued their dominance in the early stages of the second period, with Barrow going close to a second as his close-range shot was well blocked before Kenji Gorre struck a post.
But they didn't have to wait long to double their lead as a second goal arrived on 65 minutes.
Following good work from Barrow down the right edge of the box, the winger set up Adam King who rifled a fine shot beyond the keeper into the roof of the net.
The Swans made a double change with 20 minutes to play as Henry Jones and Ryan Hedges replaced Modou Barrow and Adam King, while City tried to respond as Jamie Horgan's shot was well held by Cornell.
Jones was involved immediately as Alex Samuel turned his man and crossed for the midfielder, but his left-foot effort went wide of goal.
The hosts rallied late on - with Cornell saving well from Tom Fry - but Swansea held firm to claim a fifth straight win and extend their unbeaten run to ten matches.