FULL-TIME: QPR 1 Swans 1

1st January 2015

Wilfried Bony came off the bench to claim a last-gasp point for the ten-man Swans as they held QPR on New Year's Day in a dramatic game at Loftus Road.
The Ivorian fired into the top corner in the second minute of added-on time just as Garry Monk's men looked to be heading towards defeat following Leroy Fer's 20th-minute goal.
It proved a dramatic finish for the Swans, who had seen Wayne Routledge dismissed after being adjudged to have raised his hand towards Karly Henry after being fouled by the QPR midfielder.
Bony's ninth goal of the season moves the Swans onto 29 points after 20 games, with the striker now set to join up with the Ivory Coast for their African Cup of Nations campaign while Ki Sung-Yueng also links up with South Korea for the Asian Cup.
Next up for the Swans is a trip to League Two side Tranmere in the FA Cup third round on Saturday.

The Swans made three changes to the starting XI. Angel Rangel returned at right-back and Ki Sung-Yueng was restored in midfield while Bafe Gomis got the nod up front with record-signing Wilfried Bony - who is set to join up with the Ivory Coast after this game - among the substitutes.

QPR:Robert Green, Steven Caulker, Clint Hill, Joey Barton (capt), Charlie Austin, Leroy Fer, Mauricio Isla, Karl Henry, Richard Dunne, Eduardo Vargas, Bobby Zamora (Junior Hoilett, 83).
SUBS: Alex McCarthy, Armands Traore, Rio Ferdinand, Matty Phillips, Nedum Onuoha, Jordon Mutch.

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Angel Rangel, Federico Fernandez, Ashley Williams (capt), Neil Taylor, Leon Britton, Ki Sung-Yueng, Gylfi Sigurdsson (Wilfried Bony, 71), Nathan Dyer (Marvin Emnes, 60), Wayne Routledge, Bafe Gomis.
SUBS: Gerhard Tremmel, Jazz Richards, Kyle Bartley, Tom Carroll, Modou Barrow.

The Swans made the brighter start at Loftus Road, with Wayne Routledge beating Mauricio Isla down the Swans' left flank before his inviting cross was just missed by Gylfi Sigurdsson and Bafe Gomis.
With just six minutes on the clock, the Swans created a glorious opportunity as Sigurdsson's through ball was latched onto by Routledge, who had beaten the offside trap. But keeper Robert Green was quick out of his blocks, and he manage to divert the danger although the ball appeared to strike his arm.
Nathan Dyer then curled a fine delivery across the face of goal, which no Swans player could make contact with, before Routledge found himself some space before firing wide of the post.
The Swans had to be alert soon after though as a corner worked its way to Charlie Austin, but a fine sliding challenge from Sigurdsson denied the striker.
Then, on 20 minutes, QPR took the lead. Leroy Fer let rip with a fierce 20-yard drive which Lukasz Fabianski couldn't keep out.
The Swans looked to hit back immediately, but when Isla's clearance fell to Gomis, the French striker's weak effort was comfortably kept out by Green.
The hosts probed again, and Bobby Zamora glanced a close-range header over the crossbar from a fine cross by Eduardo Vargas.
Another Swans attack saw Gomis being teed up by Dyer following a break, but the striker's powerful effort flew just wide of the far post.
Gomis again pushed soon after as he jinked his way into the box, but after cutting back onto his left foot his effort was easily collected by Green, before Sigurdsson teed him up from 20 yards but that well-struck shot flew off target.
QPR, though, hit back as Isla's stinging drive was kept out by Fabianski's diving one-handed save, and then Zamora fired high and wide from the loose.
The Swans were on the attack once again as a couple of efforts from Gomis and Sigurdsson were blocked before Routledge volleyed wide.
But despite enjoying the better of the half, the Swans found themselves going into the break a goal behind.

HALF-TIME: QPR 1 Swans 0

The Swans were again on the offensive in the opening exchanges, with Federico Fernandez heading wide from a Sigurdsson cross while the latter then saw his curling effort flash wide after being teed up by Gomis.
Routledge then cut inside from the left to drive a low effort post the post before Garry Monk made his first change as Marvin Emnes came on for Nathan Dyer on the hour mark.
The hosts, who had seen a Joey Barton header easily saved by Fabianski, then saw a low Fer drive flash past the post as they pushed for a second goal.
Monk then sent on Wilfried Bony for Sigurdsson with 20 minutes to go as the Swans pushed hard for an equaliser.
And Bony almost made an immediate impact. After Joey Barton was booked for bringing down Ki, Bony's free-kick was kept out by a fantastic diving Green save.
The Swans were heavily pressing for an equaliser, and another chance went begging as Routledge's outswinging corner was met by Gomis, but he could only direct his header into the ground and wide.
Again the Swans pressed, and when Bony's through ball was snuffed out by Green, Emnes's header was cleared off the line.
QPR were looking to hit the Swans on the break, and they did just that as Vargas latched onto a neat through ball, but he fired into the sidenetting.
And as the game was entering the final five minutes, the Swans were reduced to ten men.
In the 86th, Routledge was shown a red card after being adjudged to have raised his hand to Karl Henry following a foul by the QPR midfielder.
But, with three minutes of added time to come, the Swans stunned Loftus Road as Bony fired home from close range.
After Ki cut inside from the right, he found Bony, who turned onto his right foot before finding the top corner.
The drama didn't end there as the hosts went within inches of regaining the lead.
After Austin saw his effort blocked by Angel Rangel, Barton was then denied by Fabianski on the line, before Austin latched onto the loose before slicing his effort well wide.
That proved the end of the action as the Swans claimed a more than deserved share of the spoils.