Get involved in Swansea's half-term soccer camps
7th October 2014
Swansea City development soccer camps return later this month to 15 locations across South Wales.
Coaches from Swans Community Trust schools project and Swans Development Centre will work hand-in-hand to deliver football coaching and match sessions for five days, helping young players develop their skills for just £10 per day.
The camps are open to children of all abilities from ages five to 13 and run from Monday, October 27, to Friday, October 31.
Five days of camps will be taking place at Swans Development Centre in Cwmdu and at Pentrehafod Comprehensive in Swansea, with Neath, Llanelli, Baglan and Pontardawe also hosting sessions during half-term week.
This half-term we are also taking our soccer camps further afield with days in Brecon, Cardigan, Llantrisant and Bristol. (A full list is available below)
Nigel Mathias, Schools Regional Co-ordinator at Swansea City Community Trust, believes the half-term soccer camps are crucial in helping keep kids active, as well as spreading the Swansea message.
"These camps are massively important to not only keep children active but spread football and the Swans philosophy throughout the community," said Mathias.
"We had a great response at all our summer camps a few months ago with a number of young boys and girls coming to take part in their Swans shirts.
He continued: "Because of the level of interest we had back then, we've decided to add more camps and locations to our half-term schedule.
"Camps like these can also help our coaches spot stars of the future. Since this time last year, we've had around 50 referrals from camps and school projects to our development centres - two of which went directly to the academy.
Swans midfielder Leon Britton also believes it's vital that soccer camps are on offer for young footballers.
"I used to go to camps like this when I was their age, whether it was during half-term or during the summer holidays," said Britton.
"You would go with friends, meet new people and usually come away learning something new in football.
"It's these sort of camps where you learn your skills when you are young."
He added: "It's also a chance for young people to go and get active, learn some skills and get some top tips from coaches from the Community Trust and our academy.
"The next generation of Swans players could start their journey at one of our soccer camps. This is where is started for me, so this could be where it starts for them."
List of Half-Term Soccer Camps:
- Pontardawe Leisure Centre, SA8 4EG - (2days) 27th/28th October - 10am - 2:30pm
- Neath Sports Centre, SA10 7BE - (3 days) 29th/30th/31st October - 10am - 2:30pm
- Christ College - Brecon, LD3 8AF - (2 days) 30th/31st October - 9am - 2pm
- Llantrisant Leisure Centre, CF72 8DJ - (2 days) 30th/31st October - 9am -2pm
- Cardigan Leisure Centre, SA43 1HG - (2 days) 30th/31st October - 10am - 2:30pm
- Taskers School, Haverfordwest, SA61 1EQ - (3 days) 27th/28th/29th October - 10am - 2:30pm
- Llanelli Leisure Centre, SA15 3AE - (3 days) 27th/28th/29th October - 10am-2:30pm
- Pentrehafod Comp, Swansea, SA1 2NN - (5days) 27th to 31st October - 10am - 2:30pm
- Pembroke Comp School, SA71 4RL - (2days) 30th/31st October - 10am - 2:30pm
- Baglan Boys and Girls Club, SA12 8ES - (3 days) 27th/28th/29th October - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL 01792 556 520 or EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cwmdu Development Centre - (5 days) 27th to 31st October - 9am - 1:30pm
- Carmarthen Leisure Centre, SA31 3NP - (2 days) 30th/31st October - 9am - 1pm
- Townhill - The Phoenix Centre, SA1 6PH - (1day) 30th October - 9am to 10am (u5-u9) 10:30am to 11:30am (u10-u14)
- Penlan - Heol Gwyrosydd, SA5 7BU - (1day) 31st October - 9am to 10am (u5-u9) 10:30am to 11:30am (u10-u14)
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT - email@example.com
- Aberystwyth University Playing Fields, SY23 3TL - (3 days) 27th/28th/29th Oct- 9am to 1pm
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bristol, Brislington Enterprise College, BS4 5EY - (3 days) 27th/28th/29th Oct - 9am to 1pm
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT - email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of a player appearance, Swansea City AFC are not liable for any merchandise that is signed without parental permission.