MATCH PREVIEW: Aston Villa v Swans
21st March 2015
The Swans will be looking to return to winning ways when they face Aston Villa on Saturday (3pm).
Garry Monk's side travel to Villa Park on the back of a narrow 1-0 defeat against in-form Liverpool on Monday night at the Liberty Stadium.
They now face another rejuvenated side in the shape of Aston Villa, who have hauled themselves out of the relegation zone in recent weeks.
New boss Tim Sherwood - who replaced Paul Lambert last month - has guided Villa to back-to-back league wins over West Brom and Sunderland, with last week's 4-0 victory at the Stadium of Light taking the Midlands side three points clear of danger.
Swansea, meanwhile, have lost just one of their seven Barclays Premier League games against Aston Villa since winning promotion in 2011.
WHAT THEY SAID
Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood: "We know we've got pace in our side which hurts any team and we expect to hurt them on Saturday.
"We just need to make sure we keep the ball off them! And if they've got it we get it back as quick as we possibly can."
Swans boss Garry Monk: "He (Sherwood) has gone in there and lifted the confidence. Villa have picked up in recent weeks and we're expecting a really tough game this weekend.
"But we've got our own targets and what we want to achieve in the remaining games this season. The next target is to beat 47 points, Saturday is another challenge and we want to get more points on the board."
- Christian Benteke and Gabriel Agbonlahor have both scored two goals in their last three Premier League appearances against Swansea
- Aston Villa ended a run of six home Premier League games without a win (W0 D3 L3) with victory last time out against West Brom
- Swansea's last three Premier League away wins have all been by a 1-0 scoreline
- Villa have scored more goals in their last two Premier League matches (6) than they managed in the previous 13 (5)
- No Villa manager has won three Premier League games in a row since Martin O'Neill in April 2010
You can keep right up to date with events from Villa Park on Facebook, via Twitter @SwansOfficial and on the official website.