MATCH PREVIEW: Swans v Aston Villa
26th December 2014
The Swans will be hoping for more festive cheer when they host Aston Villa on Boxing Day (3pm).
Garry Monk's side returned to winning ways last weekend with a 1-0 victory over Hull at the KC Stadium.
That victory was only the second away from home this season, though the Swans have fared far better in SA1.
Five wins on home soil have already been registered this term as Monk's side sit on 25 points in the Premier League table.
They now face a Villa side who drew with Manchester United last time out, and have registered just one win over Swansea in six outings in the top flight.
WHAT THEY SAID
Swans boss Garry Monk: "These are all tough games. Aston Villa will be dangerous and we have to be aware of that. We have our own game plan and we'll see what happens on the day.
"I'm expecting a very good contest but we're confident going into the game to get the three points.
"If we give the kind of performance that we have been doing at home we should be firing on all cylinders."
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert: "We have a lot of games coming up. There are so many matches coming up in this next little period.
"We look a good side, we have been beaten once in seven games, which is pretty decent. To play like we did against Manchester United with ten men for that long spell was very good."
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 13 Barclays Premier League games played on Boxing Day (W1 D4 L8) and have failed to score in the last three
- Villa have won just one of the six Premier League meetings with Swansea (W1 D3 L2)
- No team has scored the opening goal on more occasions this season in the Premier League than Swansea City (12)
- Wilfried Bony remains the Premier League's top scorer in 2014 (20); two ahead of Sergio Aguero (18)
- Both Bony (eight goals and two assists) and Gylfi Sigurdsson (two goals and eight assists) have played a hand in 45.5% of Swansea's goals so far this season (22)
Don't forget you can follow all the action from the Liberty Stadium on Facebook, via Twitter @SwansOfficial and on the official website.