Premier League launches Kids website
18th March 2015
A new website has been launched aimed at young Premier League fans.
Kids.premierleague.com - set up by the Premier League - will feature exclusive content targeted at children aged 6-12 and has been developed in association with Topps, the producer of Match Attax and the Official Premier League Sticker Collection.
The aim is to create a fun environment that will provide children with a way to develop their knowledge of the Barclays Premier League and its clubs.
To get the full Premier League Kids experience users are encouraged to register on first visit. Once signed up a child is able to gain experience points (XP) each time they visit the site. XP is awarded for all types of activity on the site, from simply logging in to reading news articles and completing quizzes. Kids can also earn virtual coins by playing games, which they can use in the Store to acquire furniture and accessories for their virtual bedroom. In addition, they can win trophies and medals by completing levels within the games.
The site is accessible across web, tablet and mobile, and is fully responsive to provide the optimal user experience.
Features of the website include:
• Quizzes to teach kids about each of the 20 Premier League clubs - including the Swans - as well as a Premier League quiz
• Six brand new bespoke games including 'Who's Who?' which asks visitors to correctly identify Premier League players
• Access to essential Premier League information including fixtures, results and the Barclays Premier League table
• Kid-friendly video content including 'Classic Matches' and 'On this day' features.
• A fully customisable virtual bedroom, allowing kids to personalise with their favourite club's colours
• Virtual coins awarded for completing tasks on the site, and achieving medals and trophies through gameplay
Kids will also be able to engage with Topps products and games, including Match Attax Live and Topps Fantasy Football.
The site offers children a safe environment to learn about the Premier League and fuel their fandom. Everything on the site is completely free and gameplay is limited to 10 times per day to encourage kids to complement their usage of the site with other activities such as playing football.