Swansea City Barclays Premier League Live South Africa
10th February 2016
The Swans will be spreading their wings to South Africa next month when the club takes part in the latest Barclays Premier League Live event in Cape Town.
The Premier League and Barclays will host their third international fan park event at the Mother City's Camps Bay High School on the weekend of March 19/20.
Vice-chairman Leigh Dineen and director Brian Katzen, who hails from South Africa, will lead a Swans delegation as the club looks to expand its global profile.
The Swans were involved in last year's successful event in Mumbai, which saw 30,000 fans travelling from around India to attend.
Football fans will have the chance to get up close and personal with the Barclays Premier League Trophy, meet former players, visit Swansea City's team tent and watch the Swans' Premier League game against Aston Villa live on the 118 square-metre big screen.
Swans Academy coaches will be on hand to give out DVDs and club merchandise as well as hosting coaching sessions at the free and interactive fan park.
Other Premier League games will also be screened live at the event, while fans can also learn more about the league's 19 other teams and meet some of the former stars including South African legends Quinton Fortune and Lucas Radebe.
Fans interested in attending should register at http://www.bpllive.com/
Entry will be granted on a first come, first served basis, but all fans must register before entering.
Activities that fans can take part in include:
• The Live Match Zone - the main arena where fans will watch the live Barclays Premier League matches on a giant 100-metre screen.
• The Trophy Zone - fans will be able to get up close to the Barclays Premier League Trophy.
• The Screening Zone - supporters will experience the noise and excitement of a matchday before learning all about the winning teams and captains of the Premier League in this exclusive film.
• The Pitch Zone - there will be a mini-football pitch where Barclays Premier League clubs will be conducting skills sessions with local football teams, and there will also be the chance for fans to have a game of football run by Premier League community coaches and Legends.
• The Skills Zone - there are three football skills pods for supporters to test their accuracy, close control and shooting power.
• The Signing Zone - fans can get autographs and photos with their favourite Legends.
• Club and Partner Zones - Premier League Clubs and official Partners, including Super Sports, will be present at the fan park with interactive games, Club mascots and memorabilia.
• Official Names and Numbers - fans can officially have their favourite player's name and number printed on the back of any Premier League shirt they bring to the Names and Numbers tent.
Fans can keep up with the latest developments about Barclays Premier League Live at the website www.bpllive.com and Twitter updates via @swansofficial @premierleague and #BPLlive