Swansea City Under-21s Derby Premier League Division Two

14th September 2015

Swansea City Under-21s surrendered a second-half lead as a late Derby double saw the visitors lose 2-1 in their Premier League Division Two clash at St George's Park on Monday night.
The Swans took the lead 12 minutes after the break when striker Oliver McBurnie headed home his fourth of the season.
But the Rams continued to attack and they equalised after 75 minutes when a freak goal from defender Max Lowe beat substitute goalkeeper Gregor Zabret.
And the hosts claimed all three points 
minutes later when winger Ivan Calero fired home a cross from the right.
The result is the young Swans' second defeat in category one football this season.

DERBY U21s: Jonathan Mitchell, Isak Ssewankambo, Ethan Wassall, Tom Koblenz, Max Lowe; Callum Guy, Charles Vernam (Alefe Santos, 62) Ivan Calero, Alban Bunjaku (Kellan Gordon, 88) Mason Bennett, Offrande Zanzala (Shaquille McDonald, 67)
SUBS NOT USED: Devlin MacKay, Alex Cover.

SWANS U21s: Josh Vickers (Gregor Zabret, 45), Liam Shephard, Dan Alfei, Jay Fulton, Joe Rodon, Alex Gogic, Botti Biabi (Adnan Maric, 67), Josh Sheehan (capt), Oliver McBurnie, Henry Jones (Kyle Copp, 83), Ryan Hedges
SUBS NOT USED: Owain Jones, Keston Davies.

Both sides started brightly at St George's Park, but it was the Swans who threatened first as an early cross from right-back Liam Shepherd was well saved by Derby keeper Jonathan Mitchell, before captain Josh Sheehan flicked Henry Jones' free-kick just wide.
At the other end, Derby winger Ivan Calero saw his powerful shot deflected over the bar before Offrande Zanzala's bursting run into the box was stopped short by Joe Rodon in the Swans defence.
Swansea then squandered chances of their own with Ryan Hedges and debutant Botti Biabi both off target.
Swans keeper Josh Vickers kept the score level on the half-hour mark as he bravely saved an effort from midfielder Alban Bunjaku before McBurnie headed a cross into the arms of Mitchell in the Rams goal before the break. 

HALF-TIME: Derby U21s 0 - 0 Swans U21s

The Swans were quick out of the blocks once again in the second-half, with midfielder Ryan Hedges seeing his shot well saved after a bursting run through the midfield to test Mitchell.
But Derby were pressing for the lead, and it took a fine save from substitute keeper Gregor Zabret - on for the injured Vickers, who had taken a blow to the head - to deny Bunjaku.
The Swans, however, continued to push and they broke the deadlock through Oliver McBurnie after 57 minutes as the striker headed home Daniel Alfei's cross from the left.
But Derby rallied to equalise with 15 minutes left when a hit-and-hope shot from defender Max Lowe found its way into the back of the net.
And the home side completed their comeback by taking the lead minutes later when Calero directed a well-delivered cross past Zabret.
The Swans continued to fight for a point and could have levelled through McBurnie just before the full-time whistle, but his shot was gathered by Mitchell.