Swansea City Under-23s Chelsea International Cup

22nd December 2016

Swansea City Under-23s came from behind to beat Chelsea 2-1 in Aldershot in the Premier League International Cup on Thursday.
The result means the young Swans will progress to the quarter final of the competition as one of two best placed runners-up.
A goal from midfielder Josimar Quintero gave Chelsea a first half lead when he fired home Mason Mount's pass.
Swansea drew level from the penalty spot ten minutes into the restart as Daniel James was fouled. Botti Biabi converted from 12-yards for his seventh of the season.
The game looked to be heading for a draw until substitute Daniel James' dramatic winner ensured the young Swans took all three points.

Gary Richards and Cameron Toshack made seven changes to the side that beat Middlesbrough at Landore on Monday.
Australian keeper Mark Birighitti came back into goal as the sides overage player while Aaron Lewis started at left-back.
Jack Evans, Alex Bray and Adnan Maric returned to start in midfield.
Scottish striker Botti Biabi started up front with Owain Jones returning on the wing.

CHELSEA U23s: Bradley Collins, Dujon Sterling, Joseph Colley, Trevoh Chalobah, Fankaty Dabo (Capt), Kyle Scott (Miro Muheim, 65), Mason Mount, Mukhtar Ali, Dominic Solanke (Ike Ugbo, 55), Josimar Quintero (Isaac Christie-Davies, 63), Jay Dasilva.
UNUSED SUBS: Jared Thompson, Ruben Sammut, Charlie Wakefield, Jacob Maddox.

SWANS U23s: Mark Birighitti, Tyler Reid, Aaron Lewis, Jack Evans, Keston Davies (Capt), Joe Rodon, Alex Bray (Daniel James, 46), Adnan Maric (Ryan Blair, 68), Botti Biabi, George Byers, Owain Jones (Alex Samuel, 74)
UNUSED SUBS: Gregor Zabret, Tom Plezier, Tom Dyson, Tom Holland.

Chelsea dominated possession in the opening minutes as Kyle Scott's teasing cross had to be cleared from danger by Joe Rodon after five minutes.
Swansea worked their way into the game and had their first shot on goal after a quarter of an hour when George Byers free-kick found the head of Keston Davies, but with no power on it Blues' keeper Bradley Collins comfortably collected.
The young Swans almost took the lead two minutes later as a threaded ball from Botti Biabi played Owain Jones into the box only for the wingers' effort to be denied by Collins.
Chelsea showed how dangerous they were on the counter-attack as striker Dominic Solanke turned his marker before firing a low shot inches wide of the post.
The Blues continued to build their attack and took the lead on 34 minutes as Mason Mount's pass found midfielder Josimar Quintero on the right to fire into the bottom left hand corner.
And the home side could have doubled their lead on the stroke of half time only for Mark Birighitti to save Dujon Sterling's effort on the line.

HALF TIME: Chelsea U23s 1 - 0 Swans U23s

Swansea came out fighting as Byers's free-kick found Keston Davies at the far post only for the defenders header to be saved by Collins.
Five minutes later and Swansea were awarded a penalty as substitute Daniel James was fouled in the box by a Trvoh Chalobah challenge. Botti Biabi stepped up to equalise from the spot, netting his seventh of the season.
Minutes later and Swansea could have led as James' cross from the right found Owain Jones in front of goal only for the winger to fire the chance over the bar from close range.
Chelsea almost retook the lead midway through the half as Mount's free-kick found Chalobah in the box, but his header was inches wide.
The game looked to be heading for a draw until Daniel James cut in from the left with the wingers' deflected effort finding its way past Collins to ensure the Swans took the win late on.

PHOTOS BY Mark Sandom