Swansea City Under-23s Wolves

22nd August

Swansea City Under-23s extended their Premier League 2 (Division 2) unbeaten run with a seven-goal thriller against Wolves in Telford on Monday.
Wolves took the lead through midfielder Christian Herc before a double from first-team forward Marvin Emnes put the Swans in front at half-time.
French defender Sylvain Deslandes equalised minutes after the restart before Owain Jones fired the Swans back into the lead 60 seconds later.
Deslandes equalised again after 65 minutes but Daniel James netted the winner a minute later with a superb strike.

Swansea City Under-23s made five changes to the side that beat West Brom at Landore last Monday.
Slovenian Gregor Zabret returned in goal while Tyler Reid started his first match of the season at right-back. 
Meanwhile, the Scottish pairing of Ryan Blair and Botti Bia Bi also started.
First-team frontman Marvin Emnes was the final change - the Dutchman named as the side's overage player - as he started on the other flank for the U23s with Bia Bi leading the line upfront.
Wolves included first-team French striker Nouha Dicko in their starting XI.

WOLVES U23s: Jonathan Flatt, Hekeem Odoffin (Aaron Simpson, 72), Sylvain Deslandes, Ross Finnie, Aaron Hayden, Connor Johnson, Connor Ronan, Christian Herc (Daniel McKenna, 62), Nouha Dicko (Bright Enobakhare, 56), Niall Ennis, Will Randall.
SUBS NOT USED: Ben O'Hanlon, Donovan Wilson.

SWANS U23s: Gregor Zabret, Tyler Reid, Connor Roberts, Ryan Blair, Keston Davies (capt), Joe Rodon, Dan James, Tom Holland (Adnan Maric, 63), Botti Bia Bi, Owain Jones (Alex Bray, 78), Marvin Emnes.
SUBS NOT USED: Lewis Thomas (GK), Aaron Lewis, George Byers.

Swansea raced out of the blocks at Telford's New Bucks Stadium with great link-up play between Bia Bi and Emnes almost putting the Dutch winger through on goal before he was denied by the legs of Jonathan Flatt in the Wolves net.
Both sides passed the ball well in midfield but it was the home side who started to carve out the better chances as Swans keeper Gregor Zabret kept out efforts from Niall Ennis and French striker Nouha Dicko in quick succession.
The visitors looked to get a hold on the game as Tom Holland's 30-yard drive minutes later was deflected wide.
Zabret's punch again denied Connor Ronan's curling 25-yard free-kick, but the Irish midfielder's shot was parried seconds later by the Slovenian keeper before midfielder Christian Herc fired the rebound into the net.
Holland tried his luck from distance soon after but it was a penalty that would get the Swans back on level terms as Connor Roberts' burst into the box was ended by Flatt's foul after 40 minutes. Emnes stepped up to fire home from 12 yards.
Emnes then put the U23s into the lead on the stroke of half-time as the ball broke to him in the box, and his powerful shot took a deflection over the Wolves keeper and into the net.

HALF TIME: Wolves U23s 1 Swans U23s 2

Wolves equalised almost from the kick-off as French defender Sylvain Deslandes headed home a corner at the far post.
But Swansea retook the lead a minute later as Holland's superb pass found Owain Jones, and he fired into the middle of the net.
Daniel James delivered two dangerous crosses for Bia Bi soon after only for both to be denied by the Wolves defence before substitute Bright Enobakhare flashed a shot inches wide for the home side.
Wolves were level once again soon after as quick feet from Enobakare allowed him to find his way through the Swans defence before finding Deslandes, and the Frenchman prodded home from close range.
But the goals did not stop there as Swansea again retook the lead as James found space to curl his effort past Flatt a minute later.
The home side continued to press to get back on level terms with Ennis close on two occasions but the Swans held on to take their second PL2 win of the season.