Code of Conduct
Swansea City AFC is committed to ensuring the health and safety of supporters and persons working our events, by providing a safe and secure environment which meets the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to achieve this the Club is seeking the assistance of our supporters as we recognise that it is impossible for us to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19, in a stadium environment when many thousands of supporters are visiting.
Therefore, it is hoped that with the assistance of our supporters we will be able to mitigate as much risk as possible and allow supporters to attend games in as safe and welcoming environment as is possible.
For avoidance of doubt, supporters are season ticket holders, hospitality guests, any person who holds a valid ticket for the match and any other stadium users.
Ultimately, it is the responsibility of each supporter to determine whether their individual circumstances enable them to attend the stadium safely and consequently the Club asks each and every supporter to decide whether or not they should attend a game. In order to provide a safe & secure environment, all supporters must behave in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
By entering the Swansea.com Stadium, you are agreeing to comply with this COVID-19 supporter code of conduct.
If you attend a match and do not comply, you could be jeopardising not only your health but the health of fellow supporters, Swansea City and stadium staff, as well as the reputation of Swansea City.
ANY BREACH OF THIS COVID-19 SUPPORTER CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING REMOVED FROM THE STADIUM AND HAVING YOUR TICKET SUSPENDED OR WITHDRAWN AND/OR MAY RESULT IN FURTHER ACTION AND THE LIKELY BAN FROM ATTENDING FUTURE MATCHES
1. You must follow all Swansea City and stadium staff instructions at all times.
2. You are responsible for deciding whether or not you should attend any match and prior to attending, supporters should carry out a personal risk assessment based on age, health, susceptibility to infection and clinical vulnerability.
3. By making use of your ticket and attending the stadium for a game, you are accepting that you are fit to do so and are free of any COVID-19 symptoms, which can be found HERE. If you develop symptoms, you should not attend the match and should seek guidance by calling 111.
Do not attend the stadium if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
In the event that you develop COVID-19 symptoms whilst at the stadium, please notify the nearest member of stadium staff immediately – you will be taken to a designated isolation area in the stadium.
4. Swansea City operate the NHS Track & Trace system. By attending a fixture at the Swansea.com Stadium, spectators acknowledge that their ticketing data may be shared with the relevant public health authorities if requested, for Track & Trace purposes.
5. We ask that you are respectful of other supporters and stadium staff and observe social distance where appropriate. This includes on the way to and from the match. If you use public transport, please make sure you are wearing a face covering as directed to do so by the transport provider and comply with all Government advice (available HERE).
6. Supporters will be assigned their normal seat if they are a season ticket holder or allocated one if making a purchase for an individual game. There will be no social distancing measures in the seating decks.
7. Season ticket holders should use their physical or digital season ticket to gain entry to the Swansea.com Stadium. Match tickets will be issued as print at home tickets which must be used to gain entry to the stadium. Supporters with print at home tickets are responsible for printing these tickets and must ensure that the quality is satisfactory, for all details and barcode to be readable/scannable.
8. Face coverings must be worn when visiting the stadiums club shop and ticket office as per government guidelines. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering (exemptions can be found here) you do not need to wear a face covering.
9. Persons aged 11 and over are encouraged to wear a face covering within all other areas of the stadium. However, face coverings are not considered mandatory and we again draw supporters’ attention to point 2 above, on the responsibility of the supporter to carry out their own risk assessment.
10. You must only enter the stadium via the gate/access number on your ticket or as otherwise directed by stadium staff.
11. Depending on the regulations in place at any given time, in order to enter the stadium, you may have your temperature taken. If your temperature is 37.8 degrees or above, you may be refused entry to the stadium. The final decision will be made by the Safety Officer. There will be no right of appeal.
12. Hand sanitiser dispensers will be located throughout the stadium and we ask supporters to use these as directed.
13. When you enter the Stadium, we encourage supporters to proceed to their designated seat or hospitality lounge (if applicable), as identified on your ticket as soon as possible. You must only sit in the seat allocated on your ticket and if passing in a seating row, please endeavour to face away from fellow supporters. Hospitality guests, dependent on package, may have an allocated table and we encourage you to sit at your designated table where table service will be provided.
14. You should cover your coughs and sneezes, ideally with a tissue but otherwise into your elbow, and maintain hand hygiene by regularly washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds OR by using hand sanitiser.
15. If possible, please do not bring any bags to the stadium.
16. You should refrain from throwing the match ball back into play and return to a member of stadium staff who will sanitise it and return it to the field of play.
17. You should not approach any of the players or members of coaching staff at any time. Players and staff are not permitted to sign autographs or pose for photographs at this time.
18. Please report any breach of this COVID-19 supporter code of conduct to the nearest steward or stadium personnel. Please try to detail the stand, row and seat number. We will treat all reported received in the strictest confidence.
19. If you engage in any conduct that is intended to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person or any conduct that can be reasonably construed to be intending to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person, you will be ejected from the stadium, your details will be shared with the police and Swansea City reserves the right to take further action.
20. Any breach of this COVID-19 supporter code of conduct shall be addressed by Swansea City.
22. Swansea City reserves the right to amend this supporter code of conduct from time to time to: (i) reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or (ii) in order to comply with the latest Government/medical guidance. Swansea City shall publicise any such changes on its website.
Thank you for your support and co-operation. Stay safe.