03/12/2016 15:00 v Tottenham Hotspur

16th June 2017

The Swans' miserable record at White Hart Lane was extended as Bob Bradley's side were beaten 5-0 by Tottenham.

A Harry Kane penalty - awarded after Deli Alli hit the deck under pressure from Kyle Naughton - put Tottenham ahead after 38 minutes before a superb Heung Min-Son volley doubled the hosts' lead seconds prior to the half-time whistle.

After the break, Kane made it 3-0 after firing home following a break from Son, while Eriksen bundled home the fourth from close range after Alli's shot thundered off Lukasz Fabianski and dropped yards out from goal.

And the afternoon was made even worse for the visitors when Eriksen added his second and Tottenham's fifth in stoppage time.

The Swans, who still remain without a point at White Hart Lane in the Premier League, slipped to bottom of the league ahead of next weekend's crucial clash with Sunderland.

The Swans' plan was set in stone from kick-off.

The speed of Modou Barrow and Jefferson Montero out wide was an attempt to stifle the threat of Tottenham's advancing full-backs Kyle Walker and Danny Rose.

The Spurs pair, Walker in particular, didn't hold back though, and the Swans were forced on to the back foot for the majority of the half.

When Bob Bradley's side did get onto the ball, it was a case of looking to hit their wide men on the counter. In terms of chances created, the hosts were dominant.

Fabianski was alert to race off his line to punch clear a Eriksen cross when Kane was lurking.

The Polish keeper then made two fantastic saves - first to tip over Kane's header before doing the same to Walker's thunderous drive.

But after the wave of pressure, the Swans were struck by a penalty decision they felt was the wrong call.

Alli jinked his way into the box and went down under Naughton's challenge.

Referee Jonathan Moss pointed to the spot, and Kane sent Fabianski the wrong way.

With their tails clearly up, Spurs bombed forward again and it took a fantastic stop from the onrushing Fabianski to deny Alli from doubling the lead.

But the hosts would indeed do that before the break, with Eriksen's deflected shot falling to Heung-Min Son, and his powerful half volley was executed with perfection as it flew into the top corner.

It didn't get any better after the break, either, as Spurs continued to dominate territory and possession.

Bradley opted for a change immediately, sending on Fernando Llorente for Jay Fulton as he looked to gain a way back into the game.

But it failed to change matters. Spurs were quick out of the blocks, and they were celebrating a third goal three minutes after the restart as Son raced on before cutting back inside, and Kane was quick to intervene and blast home.

Another Swans change came, this time it was Borja replacing Montero.

But whatever the Swans tried, it came up against a solid Spurs unit.

The home side kept pushing on, and they reaped further rewards as Eriksen bundled home from close range after Alli's shot richoted off Fabianski and dropped perfectly for the Dane.

There was time for another though, as Eriksen rolled in a fine finish into the corner to sign off a miserable afternoon in North London.

The job for Bradley's side now is to pick themselves up and dust themselves off in time for next weekend's crucial home clash with Sunderland.

SPURS: Hugo Lloris (capt), Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Jan Vertonghen, Heung-Min Son (Moussa Sissoko, 70), Harry Kane (Josh Onomah, 86), Victor Wanyama, Eric Dier, Mousa Dembele (Harry Winks, 83), Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen.
SUBS: Michel Vorm, Georges-Kévin N'Koudou, Kevin Wimmer, Cameron Carter-Vickers.

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn, Jordi Amat, Neil Taylor, Jack Cork (capt), Jay Fulton (Fernando Llorente, ht), Leroy Fer, Jefferson Montero (Borja, ht), Modou Barrow (Wayne Routledge, 70), Gylfi Sigurdsson.
SUBS: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Angel Rangel, Alfie Mawson, Leon Britton.