BLAST FROM THE PAST: Swans v Hull City

19th August

Swansea City 3-1 Hull City
League Two - Saturday, April 4, 2015
A Bafe Gomis brace helped the Swans secure back-to-back Premier League victories with a convincing 3-1 victory over ten-man Hull City at the Liberty.
The French striker scored two superb goals either side of half-time after Ki Sung-Yueng opened the scoring for the Swans, while Paul McShane hit home the visitors' only goal.
After a cagey opening to proceedings, Ki scored his seventh goal of the campaign, finding the net from close range after Jonjo Shelvey's initial effort was parried into the path of the South Korea captain.
Gomis then doubled Swansea's lead with a spectacular volley before McShane clawed one back for the visitors after the break.
David Meyler then received his marching orders for a dangerous challenge on Kyle Naughton, before Gomis wrapped up all three points for Garry Monk's men with a deft chip beyond Hull goalkeeper Allan McGregory after racing in on goal.
This victory in SA1 took the Swans to 46 points in the top flight, just a point away from equalling their best finish in the Premier League.

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Kyle Naughton (Angel Rangel, 56), Federico Fernandez, Ashley Williams (capt), Neil Taylor, Jack Cork (Nathan Dyer, 65), Ki Sung-Yueng, Jonjo Shelvey (Matt Grimes, 90), Gylfi Sigurdsson, Wayne Routledge, Bafe Gomis.
SUBS: Gerhard Tremmel, Jordi Amat, Marvin Emnes, Nelson Oliveira.

HULL: Allan McGregor, Alex Bruce (Mohamed Diame, 70), David Meyler, Abel Hernandez (Sone Aluko, 81), Robbie Brady, Jake Livermore, Paul McShane, Michael Dawson (capt), Gaston Ramirez (Stephen Quinn, 30), Ahmed Elmohamady, Dame N'Doye.
SUBS: Steve Harper, Liam Rosenior, James Chester, Yannick Sagbo.


Swansea City 2-0 Hull City
League Two - Saturday, May 8, 1999
The Swans booked their place in the play-offs thanks to a Steve Watkin brace at The Vetch.
Hull were already safe from relegation, but the hosts had plenty to play for as they targeted a return to the third tier.
And Watkin broke the deadlock after 21 minutes to calm the nerves before he added another with just over 20 minutes to go.
It sealed seventh place for John Hollins' side, who went on to play Scunthorpe in the play-offs, where they eventually lost 3-2 on aggregate following extra time in the second leg.

SWANS: Freestone (Brown, 90), Lacey, Coates, O'Leary, Walker, Bound, Cusack, Jenkins, Bird, Watkin (Barwood, 82), Clode (O'Gorman, 60).
HULL: Oakes, Swales (Greaves, 69), Perry, Edwards, Whittle, Brabin, Harrison, D'Auria, Brown, Alcide, Williams (Mann, 57)