FULL-TIME: Colchester U21s 5 Swans U21s 2

23rd February 2015

The Under-21s saw their unbeaten run come to an end following a 5-2 defeat against Colchester on Monday.
In an open first half, the home side led through an early Dion Sembie-Ferris strike before Raheem Hanley levelled with a fierce shot from a tight angle.
Colchester regained the lead when Jack Marriott curled home, but it was all square at the interval as Kenji Gorre netted his fourth goal in three games.
However, the hosts produced a rampant second-half display as Marriott grabbed his second, while Rhys Healey grabbed a brace to seal all three points for the U's.
The result means the Under-21s suffered defeat for the first time since September, but they remain top of the table after Cardiff were held to a draw by Millwall.

The Swans made three changes to the side that beat Brentford last time out as the visitors looked the consolidate their place at the top of Development League Two South.
David Cornell returned in goal in place of Oliver Davies, while Joseph Jones partnered Giancarlo Gallifuoco in defence following Stephen Kingsley's loan move to Yeovil.
In midfield, Matt Grimes started alongside Adam King and Henry Jones, with Josh Sheehan also having made his switch to the Somerset club.

COLCHESTER U21s: James Bransgrove, Kane Vincent-Young, Ben Gordon, Cameron James, Jamie Harney (Tosin Olufemi, 57), Byron Lawrence (Jack Curtis, 70), Dion Sembie-Ferris (Corey Galvin, 55), George Moncur, Rhys Healey, Jack Marriott, Kenny McEvoy. 

SUBS NOT USED: Callum Robinson, Marley Andrews.

SWANS U21s: David Cornell, Connor Roberts, Raheem Hanley, Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Joseph Jones (Alex Gogic, ht), Matt Grimes, Adam King, Henry Jones, Owain Jones, James Loveridge (Stephen Fallon, 62), Kenji Gorre (Dan James, 75)

SUBS NOT USED: Gregor Zabret, Adnan Maric.

The home side started brightly and took an early lead as Dion Sembie-Ferris burst into the penalty area and fired a low shot into the bottom right hand corner.
And it nearly got better for the U's on five minutes as Matt Grimes lost possession which allowed Jack Marriott a run at goal but his strike was parried away by Cornell.
At the other end, Henry Jones' teasing free kick was met by the head of Colchester defender Jamie Harney, and his blushes were spared as James Bransgrove tipped the ball away.
The Swans came close again on 17 minutes as another cross from Jones was diverted goalwards but Bransgrove was there to keep the ball out, but the visitors were level shortly after.
Following good work on the left flank, Raheem Hanley burst into the penalty area and from the tightest of angles fired a fierce shot that went in off the near post.
The action continued as Cornell reacted well to keep out a shot from Kenny McEvoy, but the U's regained their lead ten minutes before the break as McEvoy cut in from the left and curled a fine shot past the goalkeeper.
However, the Swans went into the half-time break on level terms as Hanley crossed from the left and Kenji Gorre fired into the roof of the net for his 14th goal of the season.

Half time: Colchester U21s 2-2 Swans U21s

The Swans made a change at the interval as Alex Gogic replaced Joseph Jones in defence, while Gorre saw an early effort saved low down to his right by Bransgrove.
But just nine minutes into the second half, Colchester took the lead for a third time as Marriott and Sembie-Ferris combined down the left to tee up Rhys Healey who tapped home from six yards out.
And it got worse for the Swans on the hour mark as Healey grabbed his second, Kenny McEvoy laying the ball into his path before the striker fired a left-foot shot past Cornell.
Substitute Corey Galvin saw a shot cleared off the line by Hanley as the hosts took control, and they were rewarded for their dominance with a fifth goal on 64 minutes.
After a free kick from the right went all the way through to the far post, Marriott was on hand to hit a first time shot under the body of Cornell.
The Swans kept plugging away as substitute Stephen Fallon fired over the crossbar, while Matt Grimes came close to pulling one back but his effort was also too high to trouble the goalkeeper.