FULL-TIME: Stoke 2 Swans 1

19th October

The Swans slipped to defeat against Stoke despite Wilfrid Bony's opener from the penalty spot at the Britannia Stadium.
Garry Monk's side dominated the early proceedings as both Gylfi Sigurdsson and Ki Sung-Yueng came close, before Bony gave the visitors the lead after he was fouled by Ryan Shawcross in the box.
Stoke levelled on the stroke of half-time from a controversial penalty of their own as Victor Moses went down while under pressure by Angel Rangel - with Charlie Adam converting from 12 yards.
But it was the home side who grabbed all three points late on as Oussama Assaidi crossed for fellow sub Jonathan Walters to head home.

The Swans made two changes to the side that were held to a 2-2 draw against Newcastle prior to the international break.
Angel Rangel returned from suspension in place of Jazz Richards, who was ruled out with a knee injury, while Tom Carroll replaced Jonjo Shelvey who served a one-match ban after accumulating five bookings.
Meanwhile, Stoke made three changes to the side that lost to Sunderland as Marc Muniesa, Glenn Whelan and Marko Arnautovic were replaced by Erik Pieters, Mame Biram Diouf and Victor Moses.

STOKE: Asmir Begovic, Phil Bardsley, Ryan Shawcross (capt), Marc Wilson, Erik Pieters, Steven Nzonzi, Charlie Adam, Mame Biram Diouf (Jonathan Walters, 61), Stephen Ireland (Geoff Cameron, 61), Victor Moses (Oussama Assaidi, 72), Peter Crouch.

SUBS NOT USED: Thomas Sorensen, Marc Muniesa, Steve Sidwell, Bojan Krkic.

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Angel Rangel, Ashley Williams (capt), Federico Fernandez, Neil Taylor, Ki Sung-Yueng, Tom Carroll (Jefferson Montero, 65), Nathan Dyer (Bafetimbi Gomis, 65), Wayne Routledge, Gylfi Sigurdsson (Marvin Emnes, 85), Wilfried Bony.

SUBS NOT USED: Gerhard Tremmel, Kyle Bartley, Liam Shephard, Jay Fulton.

The Swans started the brighter of the two sides and had a great chance to open the scoring within six minutes.
After neat footwork from Wayne Routledge midway inside the Stoke half, the winger released Gylfi Sigurdsson in on goal but after taking it round Asmir Begovic the former Spurs man lost his footing and the ball ran for a goal kick.
The visitors went close again four minutes later as Sigurdsson's backheel found Ki in space but the midfielder's low strike was well saved by the legs of Begovic.
That save proved the catalyst for a swift Stoke counter attack as Charlie Adam surged upfield before seeing his low shot fizz just wide of the left-hand post.
But the Swans were rewarded for their positivity as they took the lead ten minutes before the break.
From a corner on the right, Wilfried Bony was wrestled to the ground by Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross and referee Michael Oliver had no hesitation in pointing to the spot - and Bony picked himself up to coolly slot home from 12 yards.
However, the two sides went into the interval on level terms as the hosts were awarded a spotkick of their own on 43 minutes.
After Victor Moses cut in from the left flank, the winger was adjudged to have been fouled by Angel Rangel and Charlie Adam slotted home the resulting penalty.

Half time: Stoke 1 Swans 1

Neither side made any changes at the break, but it was Stoke who created the first opening of the second period as Adam's low free kick was blocked before Phil Bardsley fired high and wide.
It was the home side who made their first changes of the game on 61 minutes as Mame Biram Diouf and Stephen Ireland were replaced by Jonathan Walters and Geoff Cameron.
Stoke then came mightily close to taking the lead as a Moses corner from the left was met by Peter Crouch at the far post but his header cleared the crossbar.
The Swans also made a double change as Nathan Dyer and Tom Carroll made way for Bafetimbi Gomis and Jefferson Montero.
And the change nearly paid dividends as Gomis flicked on a Sigurdsson free kick and after Ki had reacted quickest inside the box he couldn't generate enough power in his effort was Begovic saved.
Stoke made their third and final change on 72 minutes as the lively Victor Moses limped off to be replaced by Oussama Assaidi.
And it proved to be an inspired move as Stoke took the lead with 13 minutes to play.
After Crouch and Adam had worked the ball out to Assaidi on the left, the former Liverpool man cut and crossed for substitute Jonathan Walters to plant a firm header past Fabianski and into the bottom corner.
Marvin Emnes was introduced with five minutes to play in place of Sigurdsson, but the home side held on to move level on points with Swansea in the Premier League table.