FULL-TIME: Swans U21s 0 Bristol City U21s 0

9th March

The Under-21s stayed top of Development League Two South despite being held to a goalless draw by Bristol City.
In a tight contest, chances were at a premium in the opening period but the visitors did hit the woodwork through Connor Evans.
The Swans enjoyed the better of an open second half as Henry Jones saw a free kick well saved, while City went close through substitute Marley Bishop.
It was only the third time that the hosts had failed to score in a league game this season, but they remain top with just four games remaining.

Lee Lucas returned to the squad after missing the majority of the season through injury, while Under-18 players Dan James, Stephen Fallon, Owain Jones and Keston Davies were all included.

SWANS U21s: Oliver Davies, Connor Roberts, Raheem Hanley, Joseph Jones (Keston Davies, 62), Giancarlo Gallifuoco (capt), Lee Lucas (Alex Gogic, 25), Henry Jones, Stephen Fallon, Kenji Gorre, James Loveridge (Dan James, 67), Owain Jones.

SUBS NOT USED: Gregor Zabret, Alex Samuel.

BRISTOL CITY U21s: Jojo Wollacott, Ben Withey, Matt Long, Zak Vyner, Jack Batten, Billy Murphy (capt), Daniel Demkiv (Marley Bishop, 56), Tom Fry, Connor Evans, Jamie Morgan, Shaquille Hunter (Matt Mattis, 88)

SUBS NOT USED: Max O'Leary, Jack Alexander, Luis Gilabert.

The home side were looking to maintain their place at the top of Development League Two South, while their lead at the summit was cut following Crystal Palace's victory over Cardiff earlier in the day.
The Swans had also lost just once in their previous 14 games coming into this fixture, while they were yet to taste defeat at Landore.
However, the first quarter of the game provided very little as both sides cancelled each other out in a tight contest.
The hosts did go close shortly after as James Loveridge's cross from the right was stabbed goalwards by Owain Jones by City keeper Jojo Wollacott was equal to it.
And the Swans were forced into an early change as the returning Lee Lucas went down under a challenge in midfield, with the Wales Under-21 man being replaced by Alex Gogic.
That sparked the visitors into life and they came close to opening the scoring on the half hour mark as first Daniel Demkiv shot over from ten yards out, before Connor Evans saw a low drive come back off the post.
The Swans failed to register a shot on target in the opening period, with a late Owain Jones strike sailing over the bar from a tight angle.

Half time: Swans U21s 0-0 Bristol City U21s

Neither side made any changes at the interval, but it was the hosts who came out quickly as a fine Kenji Gorre cross from the left was almost converted by Stephen Fallon at the far post.
Gorre himself tried his luck on the half hour mark with a dipping 25-yard strike, but Jojo Wollacott was equal to it.
Owain Jones also saw an effort drop wide of the right-hand post as the Swans pressed forward in search of the opening goal, while Henry Jones' curling free kick was parried away by Wollacott.
Meanwhile, at the other end, Bristol City posed a threat themselves as substitute Marley Bishop shot a fraction over the bar before Jack Batten saw a near post volley flash just wide with eight minutes to go.
But neither side could find a winner as it ended all square, with the Swans remaining top of the table with just four matches of the campaign remaining and a place in the play-offs in sight.