FULL-TIME: Swans U21s 2 Colchester U21s 0

8th December

The Under-21s made it four wins in a row as they saw off Colchester at Landore.
The home side dominated the first period and went ahead early on through James Loveridge's fine finish.
Colchester improved after the break and came close to equalising on two occasions as Macauley Bonne was denied by Oliver Davies and Byron Lawrence hit the crossbar.
But substitute Henry Jones secured the win late on as he tucked home from inside the box to send the Swans back to the top of Development League Two South.

SWANS U21s: Oliver Davies, Liam Shephard (capt), Raheem Hanley, Alex Gogic, Giancarlo Galiifuoco, Jay Fulton, Adam King, Josh Sheehan (Henry Jones, 68), Kenji Gorre, Modou Barrow (Ryan Hedges, 74), James Loveridge (Alex Samuel, 74).

SUBS NOT USED: Gregor Zabret, Connor Roberts.

COLCHESTER U21s: James Bransgrove, Kane Vincent-Young, Michael O'Donoghue, Cameron James, Jamie Stevens, Tom Lapslie (capt), Byron Lawrence, Macauley Bonne, Sam Szmodics, Dion Sembie-Ferris, Dominic Smith.

SUBS NOT USED: Callum Robinson, Tariq Issa, Jack Curtis, Callum Harrison.

The home side knew that victory would take them back to the top of the table, while they faced a Colchester side that hadn't won in four league games.
But it was the hosts - on an eight-game unbeaten run - who got off to the perfect start by taking the lead after just seven minutes.
Following good work by Modou Barrow down the right flank, the winger picked up James Loveridge just inside the box and he struck a cool finish into the bottom corner.
The Swans continued to press and Kenji Gorre was picked out by Josh Sheehan's corner from the right, but his low drive was blocked just in front of the line and cleared to safety.
Sheehan himself then saw an effort go over the bar before Colchester keeper James Bransgrove had to be at his best to deny both Gorre and Giancarlo Gallifuoco in the space of a minute - the second of which was a fine stop to his left.
The closest the visitors came to threatening the Swans goal was when midfielder Byron Lawrence curled a shot a couple of yards over the crossbar from just outside the box.

Half-time: Swans U21s 1 Colchester U21s 0

Neither side made any changes at the break but it was Colchester who had the first sight of goal as Oliver Davies got down well to save a dipping effort from Michael O'Donoghue.
Kenji Gorre saw a shot deflect off the post at the other end, before he played in James Loveridge but he delayed his chance and was foiled by the U's defence and goalkeeper James Bransgrove.
With just under 20 minutes left to play the hosts survived a scare as Macauley Bonne went clean through on goal and after his initial shot was parried by Davies, the striker's follow up effort was headed off the line by Gallifuoco.
The visitors came even closer just five minutes later as Byron Lawrence's effort flicked the bar, before the Swans scored an all-important second with five minutes to play.
Following good work from Ryan Hedges, fellow substitute Henry Jones got into the box and coolly slotted past Bransgrove to wrap up the win.