FULL-TIME: Swans U21s 2 QPR U21s 1

26th January

A goal in each half from Kenji Gorre saw the development squad seal a hard-fought victory over Queens Park Rangers.
The home side broke the deadlock after 12 minutes as Gorre capitalised on a poor backpass before firing in off the post.
Rangers levelled midway through the second half when Cole Kpekawa headed home from a corner, but Gorre had the final say when he slotted in from a Matt Grimes pass to seal the win.
It means the development squad extend their unbeaten run to 12 league matches and return to the top of the table.

SWANS U21s: David Cornell, Connor Roberts, Joseph Jones, Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Stephen Kingsley, Adam King, Matt Grimes, Josh Sheehan (capt), James Loveridge, Kenji Gorre (Henry Jones, 77), Alex Samuel.

SUBS NOT USED: Oliver Davies, Alex Gogic, Liam Cullen, James Demetriou.

QPR U21s: Aaron Lennox, Osman Kakay, Olamide Shodipo, Callum O'Sullivan (Gianni Critchlow, 63), Cole Kpekawa, Michael Doughty (capt), Andreas Komodikis, Frankie Sutherland, Reece Grego-Cox, Nathan Corkery, Bruno Andrade.

SUBS NOT USED: Jack Williams, Joe Lumley, Dan Derbyshire.

The Under-21s dropped to second in the table ahead of this fixture, but they knew victory would see them reclaim top spot.
And after a frenetic opening ten minutes in which the game was played with great intensity and tempo, the home side broke the deadlock.
Following a poor backpass in midfield, Kenji Gorre capitalised and drove at the QPR defence before firing a low shot in off the far post.
It nearly got better for the home side midway through the first period as Alex Samuel did well to turn his man on the edge, but his low shot was well held by Aaron Lennox.
The QPR stopper then had to be at his best to deny the Swans twice extending their lead, first saving from Samuel at point-blank range before palming the striker's second effort onto the near post.
Further chances followed as both Gorre and Loveridge fired wide when in good positions, while Samuel was once again denied by Lennox and being put through by Adam King's measured pass.
At the other end, David Cornell had to be alert to deny Andreas Komodikis' effort on the stroke of half-time.

Half-time: Swans U21s 1 QPR U21s 0

Neither side made any changes at the break, but it was the Swans who came out on the front foot at the start of the second period.
After Kenji Gorre was denied at the far post inside a minute, the winger saw another effort deflected a fraction wide with goalkeeper Aaron Lennox stranded.
Then just moments later Alex Samuel teed up Connor Roberts inside the box, but his low strike was saved well by Lennox.
However, against the run of play, Rangers equalised with their first attack of the second half.
From a Frankie Sutherland corner on the left, defender Cole Kpekawa rose highest inside the six-yard box to head past David Cornell.
Gorre then saw a low strike skim the near post before the winger put the hosts ahead again midway through the half.
After good work by Matt Grimes breaking clear, the former Exeter man laid it on a plate for Gorre and he coolly slotted past Lennox.
At the other end, Cornell had to be on his toes to keep out Reece Grego-Cox's low strike.
The closest Rangers came to earning a point came with seven minutes to play as Olamide Shidipo curled a shot wide of the left-hand post.