Full time: Swans Under-21s 1 Barnet 1

24th April 2013

Swans Under-21s completed their Development League Two South campaign with a 1-1 draw against Barnet at Stebonheath Park.
Kristian O'Leary's side enjoyed the majority of possession and territory throughout, with his youngsters playing neat passing football.
But they had to come from behind after a defensive lapse cost them dearly and Jamal Lowe gave Barnet a surprise lead in the first half.
The young Swans continued to push for a deserved equaliser, and they got their reward in the 68th minute.
The impressive Kenji Gorre latched onto a return pass from Rory Donnelly before racing into the box and blasting low past keeper Dillon Barnes.
The hosts pushed for the winner as sub James Loveridge went close on a few occasions while fellow sub Sam Evans saw his powerful goal-bound shot blocked.
But O'Leary's side were forced to settle for a point as they signed off the season with a draw.

Swans U21s: David Cornell, Liam Shephard, Connor Roberts, Henry Jones, Thomas Atyeo, Scott Tancock (capt), Lee Lucas, Kurtis March, Rory Donnelly, Kenji Gorre, Alex Bray.

Subs: Oliver Davies, Sam Evans, James Loveridge, Luke Llewellyn, Corey Francis

Barnet U21s: Dillon Barnes, Jamal Hackett, George McCluskey, Tom Gardiner, Alan Robertson, Rob Taylor, James Charles, Zach Khlaf, George Sykes, Jamal Lowe, Iffy Allen.

Barnet U21s subs: Kamal Guthmy, Ishmael Thomas, Ben Cheklit

The Swans started brightly, with Henry Jones firing over the first effort of the game while a neat counter attack almost saw Kenji Gorre in on goal, but the Barnet defence recovered in time to snuff out the danger.
Alex Bray's mazy run deserved to bring more for his side, the right-winger dribbling on 40 yards before his cross was blocked.
At the other end, a rare Barnet venture into the Swans box saw George Sykes cut inside but a superbly-timed block from left-back Connor Roberts denied him.
With senior assistant manager Morten Wieghorst watching on, the young Swans continued to enjoy the better of the game.
Kurtis March couldn't keep his half-volley down from Bray's centre while Kenji Gorre's 20-yard shot was spilled by keeper Dillon Barnes for a corner.
Rory Donnelly tried his luck from 25 yards, with the striker dragging his attempt wide, while David Cornell sprang into action as he rushed out to dive low in order to deny Jamal Lowe in the box after a fine pass from Sykes.
Lee Lucas then failed to keep his strike on target after he won a 50-50 challenge in midfield before the visitors took a surprising lead.
With the Swans looking to play themselves out of danger, Scott Tancock's attempted pass cannoned off the boot off a Barnet player straight to Sykes, who calmly played in Lowe to fire home from eight yards.
The Swans looked for an instant response, and Jones went close with a half-volley when teed up by Lucas.
Barnet went close to doubling their lead, however, as Zach Khlaf drove a powerful 30-yard effort goalbound, only for Cornell to tip it over the crossbar.

Half time: Swans U21s 0 Barnet U21s 1

The game continued in the same fashion as the first half, with the Swans enjoying the majority of possession and territory and Barnet looking to catch them on the counter attack.
Donnelly had the first good chance of the half when he found himself in space from a corner, but he headed just wide.
Kristian O'Leary made a double change past the hour mark, James Loveridge and Sam Evans replacing Jones and Bray, who had picked up an injury.
But the Swans deservedly got back on level terms in the 68th minute, Gorre playing a neat one-two with Donnelly before racing into the box and firing low past Barnes.
Gorre almost gave the Swans the lead a minute later, again he charged into the box but this time his shot was blocked out for a corner.
March and Lucas then drove efforts high and wide, the former sent in Connor Roberts in on goal, but his attempt was kept out by Barnes.
Sub Ben Checklit went close to making an instant impact, but his shot inside the block was blocked by Liam Shephard.
The Swans continued their push for an equaliser, Loveridge driving low at Barnes before his overhead kick bounced wide.
But that was the end of the action as the young Swans were forced to settle for a share of the spoils.