FULL-TIME: Swansea City v Newcastle United

15th August

Bafe Gomis and Andre Ayew each made it two goals in as many games as the Swans secured a convincing 2-0 win over Newcastle United.
Gomis opened the scoring for the Swans inside ten minutes when he coolly rounded Tim Krul and slotted home following Jonjo Shelvey's neatly threaded through pass.
Newcastle were reduced to ten men shortly before the interval when Daryl Janmaat received two yellow cards after persistently fouling the once again impressive Jefferson Montero.
Montero and Sigurdsson both hit the woodwork, before Ayew wrapped up the three points for Garry Monk's side with a thunderous header from Montero's inviting cross.

The Swans made one change to the starting XI for the first home game of their Barclays Premier League campaign.
Jack Cork went into midfield in place of Ki Sung-Yueng, who missed the game due to the hamstring injury he sustained during last weekend's draw at Chelsea.
Leon Britton and Nathan Dyer were included among the substitutes as the Swans faced a Newcastle side that also picked up a 2-2 draw on the opening day after they were held by Southampton.

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Kyle Naughton, Federico Fernandez, Ashley Williams (capt), Neil Taylor, Jack Cork, Jonjo Shelvey, Gylfi Sigurdsson (Leon Britton, 86), Andre Ayew (Nathan Dyer, 71), Jefferson Montero (Wayne Routledge, 76), Bafe Gomis.
SUBS: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Angel Rangel, Kyle Bartley, Eder.

NEWCASTLE: Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini (capt), Jack Colback, Georginio Wijnaldum, Moussa Sissoko (Steven Taylor, HT), Vurnon Anita, Papiss Cisse (Rolando Aarons, 54), Gabriel Obertan (Aleksandar Mitrovic, 82), Chancel Mbemba, Massadio Haidara, Daryl Janmaat.
SUBS: Karl Darlow, Mike Williamson, Ayoze Perez, Cheick Tiote.

The Swans dominated the early exchanges, and it didn't take them long to take advantage of their early spell of possession.
After pot shots from Jonjo Shelvey and Gylfi Sigurdsson tested the reactions of Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul, Bafe Gomis opened the scoring with a cool finish inside ten minutes.
The French international, who scored Swansea's second at Chelsea last weekend, showed fantastic composure round Krul and slot home following a neatly threaded pass by Shelvey.
As Branislav Ivanovic found out last weekend, Jefferson Montero was once again proving a tricky customer for Newcastle right-back Daryl Janmaat, who was cautioned for a foul on Montero midway through the half.
But as was the case at Stamford Bridge, the Ecuador international continued to provide an outlet for the Swans as his searing pace and trickery continued to cause problems down Newcastle's right side.
And it eventually proved too much for Janmaat, who received a second yellow card for another foul on Montero five minutes before the break, reducing the Magpies to ten men.
And the extra space in the wide areas was quickly taken advantage of by Montero, who saw a 20-yard drive rebound back off the post with Krul seemingly beaten.

HALF-TIME: Swans 1 Newcastle 0

Following Janmaat's dismissal before the break, Newcastle made one change at half-time as Steven Taylor replaced Moussa Sissoko to reinforce Newcastle's back line.
The Swans came desperately close to doubling their lead three minutes into the restart as Sigurdsson's curling effort from the edge of the box crashed off the underside of the crossbar.
But Garry Monk's side did make their one-man advantage pay on 53 minutes when Andre Ayew met Montero's cross with a thunderous header that gave Krul simply no chance - the Ghanaian winger's second in as many games for the Swans, following his goal at Stamford Bridge on the opening weekend.
Ayew then nearly scored his second of the afternoon - an almost carbon copy of his first - as he met another Montero cross with his head, but this time the winger's effort drifted wide of goal.
Monk made several changes as he looked to freshen things up for the last 20 minutes with Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer replacing Andre Ayew and Jefferson Montero.
Leon Britton then received a rousing ovation from the Jack Army as Gylfi Sigurdsson made way for the diminutive midfielder.
With three minutes of normal time remaining, Routledge attempted to add a third to Swansea's tally, but his shot from the edge of the area deflected wide of the target.