Job vacancy at Swansea City
24th November 2014
An exciting job opportunity at Swansea City AFC for a full time Head of Foundation Phase Coach working primarily with 5 to 11 year olds within the club's Youth Academy Department.
Swansea City AFC are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and skilled individual to develop and lead the pre-academy and foundation phase within the club's progressive Youth Development Department.
The Academy centre is currently an Elite Player Performance Plan Category 2 working towards Category 1 status.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working with players within an elite environment
• Previous experience of working with children of the ages 5 to 11
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Previous experience using IT software such as Keynote and Microsoft Packages (including Excel)
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to adapt well to change
• Previous experience of event managing and developing timetables
• Minimum of FA Coaching level 3 (Uefa B Licence)
• Safeguarding Children certificate
• Full UK driving licence
• Satisfactory Enhanced DBS certificate
General duties include:
• Planning, delivering and monitoring football coaching sessions
• Evaluating coaching sessions
• Observing and analysing the skills of players
• Maintaining player, parent and staff relationships
• Leading and developing the phase for both the pre-academy and foundation
• Co-ordinating activities for a large number of people
• Knowledge of FA regulations in regards to youth team football/academies
• Working towards the FA Mod 3 Youth Award or FAW A youth licence
• Educated to degree or equivalent level with a sport specific qualification
• FA Coaching level 4 (Uefa A Licence).
• Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Experience of working with young players in an educational environment
Due to the nature of the role, evening and weekend work will be required.
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to Jobs@swanseacityfc.co.uk or send directly to the HR Department, Swansea City AFC, Liberty Stadium, Landore Swansea SA1 2FA.
The closing date for all applications will be Monday, December 1, 2014 at 12pm. Interviews will be held on Friday, December 5, 2014, and successful candidates will be notified if required for interview by Tuesday, December 2, 2014.
Swansea City AFC is an equal opportunities employer. The Club does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company's recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Due to a high demand in applications the club will be unable to respond to those candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.