MATCH PREVIEW: Hull v Swans
22nd September 2015
The Swans return to action on Tuesday night as they face Championship side Hull in the third round of the Capital One Cup (7.45pm).
Garry Monk's side make the long trip to the KC Stadium on the back of a hard-fought 0-0 draw against Everton at the Liberty last weekend.
The Swans booked their place in the third round after a comfortable 3-0 home win over York City last month, while Hull have beaten both Accrington and Rochdale on their way to this stage of the competition.
The Tigers have had a good start to their league campaign following relegation from the Premier League last season, with Steve Bruce's side sitting third in the SkyBet Championship.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID
Hull boss Steve Bruce: "We will make changes against Swansea.
"It would be unwise of me to ask the team to play a fourth game in nine days. With the schedule we've had, you have to. We've got a number of players who need a game and that's what we'll do."
Swans boss Garry Monk: "Hull are a good team. They've started well and they're a strong outfit.
"They've retained a lot of their players from last season, so we're going to have to be on form to go up there and get a result.
"It doesn't matter about who's played and who's not, my team selection will be about who can help us win."
LAST FIVE MEETINGS
Swansea 3-1 Hull - April 2015
Hull 0-1 Swansea - December 2014
Hull 1-0 Swansea - April 2014
Swansea 1-1 Hull - December 2013
Swansea 1-1 Hull - April 2011
- The two sides have one previous meeting in the League Cup in August 2008, with the Swans winning 2-1 at the KC Stadium
- The Tigers have only progressed beyond the third round four times (1974, 1976, 1978 and 2014)
- Since winning the trophy in 2012-13, Swansea have won every home tie (three) but have been eliminated in each of their two away ties - Birmingham in 2013-14 and Liverpool last season
- Indeed, the Swans have kept clean sheets in seven of their last nine League Cup games, conceding only in those defeats by Birmingham and Liverpool
You can follow all the action from the KC Stadium via Twitter @SwansOfficial, on Facebook and through the official website.
READ MORE . . .
- FAN FOCUS: Arron Newcombe
- Williams pleased with positive response
- Taylor delighted with clean sheet
- Cork happy with battling qualities