MATCH REPORT: Brentford U21s 2 Swans U21s 4

13th February

The Under-21s maintained top spot in Development League Two South after a hard-fought victory against Brentford at Griffin Park.
After a goalless first half, the Swans took the lead through a Maros Tebar own goal before Kenji Gorre doubled the advantage in style with a curling effort into the top corner.
The Bees pulled a goal back through midfielder Josh Laurent and after Giancarlo Gallifuoco headed in to reclaim the two-goal lead, Laurent again netted to set up a nervous last ending.
But substitute Alex Samuel sealed the win in added time to earn the Swans all three points and extend their unbeaten run to 14 matches.

BRENTFORD U21s: Richard Lee, Josh Clarke, Aaron Greene, Marcos Tebar, Daniel O'Shaughnessy, Raphael Calvet, Emmanuel Oyeleke, Josh Laurent, Courtney Senior, Jermaine Udumaga, Nick Proschwitz.

SUBS: James Ferry, Bradley Clayton, Kyjuon Marsh-Brown, Gradi Milenge.

SWANS U21s: Oliver Davies, Connor Roberts, Stephen Kingsley, Raheem Hanley, Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Adam King, Henry Jones (Adnan Maric, 79), Josh Sheehan, Owain Jones, James Loveridge (Alex Samuel, 79), Kenji Gorre.

SUBS: Gregor Zabret, Alex Gogic, James Demetriou.

The visitors made two changes to the side that started against Crystal Palace on Monday as Raheem Hanley came in at left-back, leaving Stephen Kingsley to partner Giancarlo Gallifuoco in defence, while Owain Jones led the line in place of Alex Samuel.
The development squad were looking to maintain their place at the top of Development League Two South following Monday's 3-3 draw against Palace, while the Swans had also gone 13 matches unbeaten.
Brentford, meanwhile, came into this fixture sitting second-bottom of the table, with 18 points from 16 games played.
But it was the visitors who nearly broke the deadlock inside 30 seconds as Owain Jones saw a shot saved by Richard Lee at his near post.
That sparked the Bees into life and after Emmanuel Oyeleke and Courtney Senior went close, the home side were presented with a great chance as Henry Jones' backpass was collected by Nick Proschwitz, but the winger was denied by a good stop from Oliver Davies.
At the other end, former Watford goalkeeper Richard Lee did well to tip over a fierce drive from Adam King, while Davies was on hand to tip away Courtney Senior's low strike from the edge of the box.
The Swans also came close to taking the lead just before the interval as a superb Connor Roberts cross from the right narrowly evaded Owain Jones in the six-yard box and the ball ran to safety.

Half-time: Brentford U21s 0 Swans U21s 0

Neither side made any changes at the break but just three minutes into the second period, the Swans broke the deadlock.
After good work down the left edge of the box involving Kenji Gorre and Josh Sheehan, the latter's low cross was turned into his own net by defender Marcos Tebar.
It was all Swansea in the early stages and after Gorre saw a shot tipped wide by Lee, Owain Jones was denied by the Bees keeper as he raced in on goal only to see his effort saved once more.
However, the Swans didn't have to wait long as they doubled their lead on 65 minutes.
The impressive Gorre was found on the left edge of the box and as he dropped the shoulder, the winger cut inside and hit a fine shot into the top left-hand corner for his 13th goal of the season.
But the Bees hit back just four minutes later to halve the deficit as Oliver Davies spilled a long range strike that allowed Josh Laurent to tap home.
However, with 12 minutes to go the Swans regained their two-goal advantage as Giancarlo Gallifuoco headed in a fine Henry Jones free kick.
The visitors then made a double change as James Loveridge and Henry Jones made way for Alex Samuel and Adnan Maric, but Brentford hit back straight from the restart.
From an Emmanuel Oyekele corner on the right, Laurent rose unmarked to head home at the near post and set up a frantic finale.
Oyekele himself then nearly equalised as his curling effort was tipped over by Davies.
A series of corners followed for the Bees as they piled on the pressure in the closing stages, while Davies did well once more to save a rasping drive from inside the box.
But it was the visitors who had the final say in stoppage time as a Brentford corner was cleared away and with home keeper Richard Lee stranded, substitute Alex Samuel steered the ball into the unguarded net.