MATCH REPORT: Coventry U21s 0 Swans U21s 0

20th August

Swansea City Under-21s opened their league season with a draw despite a dominant performance against Coventry.
The visitors created a host of first half chances, but the Sky Blues had goalkeeper Lee Burge to thank as he denied both Kenji Gorre and Kris Scott.
The Swans' dominance continued into the second period as Gorre again tested Burge, while Liam Shephard and Henry Jones both saw efforts go wide of goal.
And Chris Llewellyn's side could have won it late on as Kurtis March's shot was deflected inches wide.

COVENTRY U21s: Lee Burge, Aaron Phillips, Devon Kelly-Evans, Jack Finch, Ivor Lawton, Cian Harries, Mo Coulibaly (Luke Bromley, 63), Connor Thomas (Kyle Spence, 78), Simeon Jackson (Ben Stevenson, 46), James Maddison, George Thomas.

SUBS NOT USED: Jake Richards

SWANS U21s: Oliver Davies, Connor Roberts, Raheem Hanley, Scott Tancock (capt), Alex Gogic, Henry Jones, Liam Shephard, Kurtis March, Kris Scott (Kyle Copp, 63), Kenji Gorre, Alex Samuel.

SUBS NOT USED: Gregor Zabret, Corey Francis, Keston Davies, Ryan Hedges.

The visitors suffered an early scare at Liberty Way when Oliver Davies reacted smartly to palm away James Maddison's curling free kick, but Chris Llewellyn's side soon came into their own.
Kenji Gorre had a great chance to put the Swans ahead on 12 minutes, but after being well picked out by Henry Jones his low effort was saved by goalkeeper Lee Burge.
And the former Manchester United man had another opening just two minutes later, but when both he and Alex Samuel were both denied by Burge, Liam Shephard looked destined to slot into an empty net but his goal bound effort was somehow blocked.
Llewellyn's side continued their impressive start and were presented with the best opening of the half on 19 minutes as Samuel found Kris Scott surging into the box, but his powerful drive was superbly tipped over the crossbar by Burge.
And despite Henry Jones going close with a 25-yard free kick that went narrowly over, both sides went into the break on level terms.

Half-time: Coventry U21s 0 Swans U21s 0

The hosts made a change at the break as Ben Stevenson replaced Simeon Jackson, and they came close to breaking the deadlock within a minute of the restart.
A deep corner from the right found Ivor Lawton at the far post, but his powerful header was hacked off the line to safety.
However, it was the visitors once again who began to dominate proceedings as Liam Shephard saw a left-foot shot drift narrowly wide of the right-hand post, before Kenji Gorre dragged a shot wide from 20 yards out.
Meanwhile, the Swans made their first change of the afternoon as Kyle Copp replaced Kris Scott with 63 minutes on the clock.
At the other end, Stevenson teed up a good chance for Jack Finch, who's shot was well wide of the target, while Kenji Gorre stung the palms of Burge with a rasping drive.
But the visitors nearly took all three points in the closing moments as Kurtis March's shot from 12 yards was deflected inches wide of the upright.