MATCH REPORT: Swans U21s 1 Cardiff U21s 2

15th September

Cardiff City Under-21s came from behind to earn all three points against Swansea at the Liberty Stadium.
The home side deservedly led at the break thanks to a cool finish from Modou Barrow - his second in three games.
Marvin Emnes should have made it two on the hour mark but he spurned a good opportunity, and the hosts were made to pay as Cardiff hit back.
Rhys Healey netted a fine equaliser from a superb Craig Noone pass, and the striker helped himself to a second with five minutes remaining after a swift counter attack from the visitors.

SWANS: David Cornell, Liam Shephard (Connor Roberts, 84), Stephen Kingsley, Scott Tancock (capt), Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Adam King (Alex Samuel, 70), Jay Fulton, Josh Sheehan, Kenji Gorre, Modou Barrow (Ryan Hedges, ht), Marvin Emnes.
SUBS NOT USED: Lewis Thomas, Henry Jones.

CARDIFF: Charlie Horton, Kane Owen, Jazz Barnum-Bobb, Kagisho Dikgacoi, Tom James, Maximiliano Amondarain, Craig Noone, Tommy O'Sullivan (capt), Rhys Healey, Etien Velikonja (Danny Johnson, 79), Kadeem Harris (Ben Watkins, 70).
SUBS NOT USED: Josh Yorwerth, Ben Wilson.

Chances were few and far between in the opening stages of the game, with neither goalkeeper really being stretched.
But that all changed after 20 minutes as the home side broke the deadlock with a fine goal.
Adam King started the move just inside the Cardiff half, and after he fed Kenji Gorre the midfielder raced clear before playing a wonderful slide rule pass for Modou Barrow, who beat the offside trap before coolly tucking the ball past Charlie Horton for his second goal in three games.
The visitors came close to an equaliser just ten minutes later as captain Tommy O'Sullivan latched onto a loose ball inside the penalty area but his low effort was superbly kept out by the legs of David Cornell.
Cardiff then saw an Etien Velikonja strike deflect just wide, before Stephen Kingsley did well to block a powerful strike from Kadeem Harris.

Half time: Swans U21s 1 Cardiff U21s 0

The home side made a change at the break as goal scorer Modou Barrow was replaced by Ryan Hedges.
But it was Cardiff who had the first chance of the second period as Kadeem Harris dug out a cross from the left that found Craig Noone in space, but the winger saw his well struck volley come back off the post.
At the other end, substitute Ryan Hedges saw a curling effort drift just wide of the upright, before Emnes had a great chance to double the home side's lead after being set up by Gorre but the Dutchman stumbled six yards out and the ball was collected by Horton.
And the hosts were left to rue that chance as Cardiff grabbed an equaliser on 65 minutes.
Craig Noone did superbly in midfield to clip a lovely ball through for Rhys Healey, and the striker made no mistake as he coolly lobbed the ball over the onrushing Cornell.
Cardiff then came close to taking the lead with nine minutes to play as O'Sullivan's low centre bobbled inches wide of the far post, but it was the visitors who grabbed the lead with five minutes to play.
A lightning counter attack from one end to the other saw substitute Danny Johnson cross low to the far post where Healey was waiting to produce another fine finish for his second of the game.
The Swans rallied in the closing stages and came close to an equaliser when Stephen Kingsley's powerful header was cleared off the line, but Cardiff held firm to take all three points.