MATCH REPORT: Swans U21s 2 Charlton U21s 1

3rd November 2014

A brace from Kenji Gorre saw Swans Under-21s overcome in-form Charlton at Landore.
The former Manchester United youngster broke the deadlock midway through the first half when he stabbed home from six yards out.
Gorre grabbed his second shortly after the break when he reacted quickest inside the box to slot home from close range following a Jay Fulton corner.
Charlton pulled one back late on through Harry Lennon but the hosts held on for an impressive three points.

Chris Llewellyn named a strong squad for this fixture, with David Cornell, Liam Shephard, Jay Fulton, Adam King, Josh Sheehan and Modou Barrow all returning to action, while Under-18s defender Joe Rodon was included in the Under-21 squad for the first time this season.
Stephen Kingsley remained sidelined through injury, while Henry Jones and Raheem Hanley were both suspended.

SWANS U21s: David Cornell, Liam Shephard (capt), Connor Roberts, Alex Gogic, Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Jay Fulton, Adam King, Josh Sheehan, Kenji Gorre, Modou Barrow, Rory Donnelly (Ryan Hedges, 83).
SUBS NOT USED: Oliver Davies, Joe Rodon, Corey Francis, Alex Samuel.

CHARLTON U21s: Dillon Phillips (capt), Harry Osborne, Archie Edwards (Aaron Barnes, 77), Regan Cook, Ayo Obileye, Harry Lennon, Kurtis Cumberbatch, Harry Gerard, Zak Ansah, Rhys Browne (Michail Kennedy, 63), Josh Umerah.
SUBS NOT USED: Ezri Konsa, Jordan Beeney.

Charlton sat just once place and two points above the Swans prior to kick off, but it was the home side who started brightly at Landore as Rory Donnelly shot wide before Modou Barrow fired a shot into the side netting.
The Addicks had won their previous four matches without conceding a goal - but that run came to end after 22 minutes as the hosts took the lead.
After good work from Barrow down the left edge of the box, the ball found its way to Jay Fulton and after his effort was deflected, Kenji Gorre was on hand to stab home from six yards out for his sixth goal of the season.
Josh Sheehan shot narrowly over the bar a minute later as the Swans pressed for a second, while Charlton's best chance of the half fell to Kurtis Cumberbatch as the midfielder curled a shot wide of the right-hand post.

Half-time: Swans U21s 1 Charlton U21s 0

Despite a bright start to the second half by the visitors, it was the Swans who doubled their advantage after 51 minutes.
Following Jay Fulton's corner from the left, Charlton goalkeeper Dillon Phillips appeared to fumble the cross and Kenji Gorre was on hand to finish from close range for his second of the game.
It nearly got better for the hosts just three minutes later as a neatly worked corner routine saw Liam Shephard find Sheehan in the box, but the midfielder's shot was straight at Phillips.
Charlton made a change on 63 minutes as Michail Kennedy replaced Rhys Browne and the substitute nearly had an impact but he shot over the bar from just outside the box.
However, the visitors did pull a goal back with 13 minutes to play as Kurtis Cumberbatch's deflected free kick was parried by Cornell but Harry Lennon was there to tap home the rebound and halve the deficit.
But the Swans held on to claim their third home win of the season.