Nottingham Forest v Swans friendly City Ground

25th July 2015

Andre Ayew scored his first Swansea City goal as Garry Monk's side were held to a 1-1 draw by Nottingham Forest at the City Ground.
After a goal-less first half, Ayew raced onto his own flick-on from a Kyle Naughton pass before racing on and firing low into the net from eight yards after 59 minutes.
But the Championship side were back on level terms less than ten minutes later after Jamie Ward's bouncing cross was nodded home by Robert Tesche.
It proved a useful exercise for the Swans - who drew with Reading on Friday night - with Monk giving his players the entire 90 minutes as they build towards the start of the Barclays Premier League season.
Next up for the Swans is a home friendly with La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna on Saturday, August 1 (5.30pm).

The Swans changed the entire starting XI for this friendly.
Following on from the 1-1 draw against Reading on Friday night, Garry Monk handed valuable game-time to his squad, with new signings Andre Ayew and Eder both starting.
Bafe Gomis, however, missed out with a slight hamstring problem while the hosts included former Swans keeper Dorus de Vries in their starting line-up.

NOTTINGHAM FOREST: Dorus de Vries, Eric Lichaj, Matt Mills, Jack Hobbs, Danny Fox, Michael Mancienne, Jamie Ward (Chris Burke, 78), Henri Lansbury (capt), Robert Tesche (David Vaughan, 83), Michael Antonio (Paul Taylor, 78), Nicky Maynard (Tyler Walker, 78).
SUBS: Dimitar Evtimov, Roger Riera, Kelvin Wilson, Jamie Paterson, Stephen McLaughlin, Dexter Blackstock.

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Kyle Naughton, Federico Fernandez, Ashley Williams (capt), Neil Taylor, Jack Cork, Ki Sung-Yueng, Matt Grimes, Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Eder.
SUBS: Josh Vickers, Raheem Hanley, Josh Sheehan, Modou Barrow.

The Swans made some early threats on goal as Andre Ayew just failed to get onto the end of Wayne Routledge's cross before Ki Sung-Yueng's thunderous 20-yard shot was deflected just over the crossbar for a corner.
At the other end, Nottingham Forest launched a counter attack through Michael Antonio, and the winger got past the challenge of Federico Fernandez before skipper Ashley Williams slid in with a perfectly-timed tackle to deny him in the box.
The Swans were enjoying the majority of possession and territory, and Kyle Naughton was the latest to try his luck as his 30-yard drive fizzed just wide of the far post.
The right-back went closer after 19 minutes, with Routledge teeing him up 15 yards out but Naughton's powerful effort was kept out by Dorus de Vries.
Forest replied via captain Henry Lansbury, who curled a 25-yard effort just over Lukasz Fabianski's crossbar before a cheeky Ayew backheel from eight yards was gathered low down by de Vries.

HALF-TIME: Nottingham Forest 0 Swans 0

Both teams emerged for the second half with the same starting teams, and it was the visitors who made the first threat on goal.
After Matt Grimes found Routledge racing forward, the winger turned back inside to tee up Ayew on the edge of the box, but he fired way over the crossbar just 45 seconds after the restart.
But Ayew was not to be denied just before the hour mark. He beat Matt Mills to head on a Naughton pass, and the Ghanaian raced into the box before cutting inside and firing low past de Vries.
The lead only lasted nine minutes though as Forest were back on level terms through Robert Tesche, who headed past the wrongfooted Fabianski from close range after Jamie Ward's cross bounced into the box.
The game failed to create any real drama from that point on, though Eder did have the ball in the net only for it to be ruled out for handball.