Report: Swans 2 Leeds United 2

21st August
First team

The Swans were pegged back twice as they shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw with Leeds United at the Liberty.

Oli McBurnie scored both goals against his home-city club, but it wasn't enough to ensure victory in a thrilling encounter in SA1.
The striker poked home the opener after 24 minutes - his first senior goal at the Liberty - only for Kemar Roofe to level before the break.
Graham Potter's side were full of energy and creativity, and they were back ahead in the 51st minute as McBurnie nodded home from Martin Olsson's cross.
But former Swan Pablo Hernandez ensured Marcelo Bielsa's side remained unbeaten as he guided home sub Patrick Bamford's low cross.
The result means the Swans, who are also yet to lose this season, move onto eight points from four games.
Potter made two changes to the side which began at Birmingham City last time out, with Leroy Fer taking the armband after being named in the Swans starting line-up for the first time since he ruptured his Achilles back in February.
The other change saw Kyle Naughton drafted in for his first appearance of the season with Joel Asoro among the substitutes.
The first chance went the Swans' way, with Joe Rodon heading Bersant Celina's corner into the ground and over the bar.
Then McBurnie broke the deadlock in the 24th minute as he finished off a fine move started by Leroy Fer. The Dutchman won possession before finding McBurnie, who then fed Barrie McKay. He teed up Celina, who fooled the Leeds defence by opting to pass instead of shoot, and the onrushing McBurnie collected before poking home past Bailey Peacock-Farrell.
The Swans went in search of another, and they almost got it when Celina raced on from McBurnie's interception, but the Kosovan shot just wide.
Leeds looked to counter, and they created an opening through Barry Douglas' cross, but Gaetano Berardi could only steer his header over.
The lively Celina then went close with a cheeky chip which almost caught out Peacock-Farrell, but Leeds struck with a sucker punch five minutes before the break.
The hosts were back ahead though just six minutes after the restart.
And again it was that man McBurnie, who steered Olsson's cross into the net with a perfect header.
McKay then flashed a half volley wide from Celina's centre, while McBurnie was denied by Peacock-Farrell's low save.
Then, with 11 minutes left, Hernandez showed his class with a fine finish from sub Patrick Bamford's cross.
The Swans had one more chance to win it, and it was a golden opportunity for Celina.
McBurnie was the architect as he sent the midfielder in on goal, but Celina was denied by the foot of Peacock-Farrell.

Swans: Erwin Mulder, Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn, Joe Rodon, Martin Olsson (Joel Asoro, 83), Jay Fulton, Leroy Fer (capt, Tom Carroll, 74)), Connor Roberts, Bersant Celina, Barrie McKay (Jefferson Montero, 64), Oli McBurnie.
Subs: Steven Benda, Daniel James, Matt Grimes, Yan Dhanda.

Leeds United: Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Luke Ayling (capt), Jamie Shackleton, Gaetano Berardi, Barry Douglas, Kalvin Phillips (Lewis Baker, 28), Mateusz Klich, Ezgjan Alioski (Jack Harrison, ht), Samuel Saiz, Pablo Hernandez, Kemar Roofe (Patrick Bamford, 64).
Subs: Jamal Blackman, Conor Shaughnessy, Tom Pearce, Oriol Rey.