Swansea City Fulham Under-21s Premier League Division Two

18th April

Swansea City Under-21s extended their unbeaten run to seven games with a commanding 3-0 win over Fulham in their final Premier League Division Two fixture on Monday afternoon.
Midfielder Adnan Maric gave the development squad the lead just after the half hour mark as he stabbed home from a spilled Kenji Gorre cross.
Gorre doubled the Swans' lead with a superb free-kick ten minutes into the second half before adding a third to complete a comfortable win at Landore.
The young Swans now progress to the Premier League Division Two play-off, where they will meet Aston Villa later this month.

Gary Richards and Cameron Toshack made one change to the side that beat Arsenal last week with Slovenian Gregor Zabret replacing Josh Vickers in goal, while Jay Fulton continued as captain with in-form striker Owian Jones leading the attack up front. 
The development squad secured a play-off place with victory over the Gunners knowing a win could lift the side third in the table depending on other results.

SWANS U21s: Gregor Zabret, Aaron Lewis, Stephen Kingsley, Jay Fulton (capt), Keston Davies, Joe Rodon, Daniel James (Ryan Hedges, 82), Adam King, Owain Jones (Alex Bray, 46), Adnan Maric (Ryan Blair, 77), Kenji Gorre.
SUBS NOT USED: Josh Vickers, Alex Gogic. 

FULHAM U21s: Magnus Norman, Ryheem Sheckleford, Liam Donnelly, Joshua Smile, Shane Elworthy, Ian Pino Soler, Lucas de la Torre, Dennis Adeniran, Joshua Walker (Stephen Humphrys, 56), Mattias Kait (Aaron Redford, 56) , Elijah Adebayo.
SUBS NOT USED: Taye Ashby-Hammond, Foday Nabay, Jerome Opoku.

Swansea started the game on a positive note as they passed the ball well in the opening stages.
Defender Stephen Kingsley tested the visitors' back line with two teasing crosses in the first quarter of an hour, but neither managed to find a Swans player.
In similar fashion to his goal on Thursday, winger Kenji Gorre almost curled in a shot from the left flank after 16 minutes before striker Owain Jones saw his rifled shot saved by keeper Magnus Norman.
The Swans did, however, take the lead after 34 minutes when a Gorre cross was spilled by Norman allowing midfielder Adnan Maric to stab home from close range.
Fulham's Liam Donnelly went close with a free-kick from the edge of the area just before half-time only for keeper Gregor Zabret to save the defender's effort ensuring the Swans took a narrow lead into the break.

HALF TIME: Swans U21s 1 Fulham U21s 0

Swansea's hard work after the break paid off ten minutes into the second half as Gorre stepped up to curl home a superb free-kick from the edge of the area.
Fulham looked to reply through substitute Aaron Redford, but his header was comfortably saved by Zabret.
Pacey winger Daniel James went close for Swansea minutes later when his effort from just outside the box was punched clear by Norman before Adam King's low drive went inches wide five minutes later.
Swansea did extend their lead on 73 minutes when Gorre latched onto a loose ball inside the area before netting his second of the match.
The home side controlled the rest of the half, with Zabret saving late on from Redford to ensure the young Swans kept a clean sheet.