Under-18s hit eight past Colchester

31st January 2015

The Under-18s recorded their biggest win of the season after beat Colchester United 8-0 at Fairwood.
Owain Jones got the home side off to a perfect start with a goal after just five minutes, before Stephen Fallon grabbed a second before half-time with a fine 25-yard strike.
The hosts extended their lead courtesy of an own goal just five minutes after the interval, while 15-year-old Liam Cullen helped himself to a brace.
Owain Jones scored his second of the game on the hour mark, while late goals from Tom Dyson and Dan James put the gloss on what was a fine afternoon for the Under-18s.
And coach Gary Richards was delighted with the application of the players, with the game coming just three days after the Swans bowed out of the FA Youth Cup following defeat against Chelsea.
"After the Chelsea game we (staff) we wanted to make sure that training was upbeat and of good quality," he said.
"We didn't want any hangover from that fixture, and our application against Colchester was great.
"It was important that our approach to the game was right and we went into it with belief and confidence.
"We weren't at our best in the first half, but having said that we were still deserving of our 2-0 lead at half time.
"In the second half we passed the ball with more purpose, created plenty of chances and we reaped the rewards from that."

SWANS U18s: Lewis Thomas, Aaron Lewis, Keston Davies, Cameron Gilchrist, Jordan Sherman, Jamie Latham, Tom Dyson, Stephen Fallon (Kyle Copp, 75), Liam Cullen, Dan James, Owain Jones (Adnan Maric, 65).

Meanwhile, the Under-19s are in action on Sunday in the quarter-final of the FAW Youth Cup.
The Swans face Airbus UK at Landore, with the game kicking off at 2pm.

SWANS U19s (from): Gareth Owen, Lewis Thomas, Ben Jones, Joseph Jones, Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts, Jack Evans, Adnan Maric, Ashleigh Harries, Brandon Griffiths, Alex Samuel, Kyle Copp, Dylan Thomas, Owain Jones, Stephen Fallon, Keston Davies, Cai Owens.