VACANCY: Digital Media Manager
13th September 2016
Job title: Digital Media Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Liberty Stadium (travel to other sites will be necessary)
Weekly hours: 40 hours per week
Working times/days: Flexible days/times
Reporting to: Media Manager
Rate of pay: Competitive
Swansea City has agreed a new digital partnership with leading sports agency Rippleffect to launch a new official website on July 1, 2017.
To assist with the launch the club is seeking an enthusiastic, highly organised and passionate Digital Media Manager.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with senior management, heads of departments, external website project manager, development teams and all relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of the product from planning through to launch.
The ideal candidate will develop the club's digital strategy and create new and improved revenue streams through commercial, marketing and retail avenues.
The Digital Media Manager will also be responsible for managing and developing high-profile digital assets, in particular the launch of a new official club website on July 1, 2017, to maximise supporter engagement and revenue generation, plus promotion of the club's brand values and partnerships.
General duties include:
• Manage and develop the club's digital assets, including the official club website, to ensure that they deliver an exceptional level of supporter engagement and strong commercial returns;
• Lead the planning, co-ordination and delivery of the club's digital content, including the effective use of video content, audio content and other rich media, plus search engine optimisation and digital advertising;
• To support and help develop the club's social media strategy alongside the club's Social Media Manager;
• Plan and co-ordinate a commercial digital strategy that provides a clear ROI for the club;
• To work in conjunction with the club's marketing department to help deliver successful digital marketing campaigns;
• Oversee the regular collation of key data, including insightful website analytics and user testing, to measure the impact of the club's digital activity and inform future direction;
• Report into senior club staff on current performance of the club's digital assets and provide specialist advice to senior club staff on future direction;
• Review new digital technologies and keep the club at the forefront of digital in football;
• Regularly evaluate supporter research, market conditions and competitor data, and implement new digital strategies as appropriate;
• Ensure that the club's digital assets are an effective part of the club's wider marketing and communication strategies;
• Select appropriate third-party suppliers to work with to develop the club's digital assets, which includes establishing and maintaining effective relationships, and monitoring and driving supplier performance;
Core skills & competencies:
• Educated to degree level with at least three years' experience in a senior digital media role;
• A strong track record in leading the delivery of effective digital content across a range of digital channels and media;
• A comprehensive understanding of the digital industry, current trends and future developments;
• A thorough understanding of the sports industry and in particular football;
• In-depth knowledge of current digital technologies and anticipated future trends;
• Experienced in working with Google Analytics and website analytics platforms;
• Ideas led, but grounded in reality and with a clear focus on measurable results;
• Clear ability to lead, persuade and influence both internally and externally;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present at board level;
• Excellent planning and organisational skills;
• Ability to work outside of normal office hours, including at weekends and evenings, if required;
• Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and commercial partners worldwide;
• Ability to constantly work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Highly driven and assertive;
• Working knowledge of content management systems and media channels;
• Experience in copywriting;
• Driving Licence
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please email your CV and covering letter to Jobs@swanseacityfc.co.uk or via post to Swansea City AFC HR Department, Liberty Stadium, Landore Swansea SA1 2FA.
You will also need to complete the following form HERE
The closing date for this vacancy will be September 26, 2016.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer. The Company does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.
The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company's recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.