VACANCY: Education administrator
Job title: Education administrator
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Academy, Landore
Weekly hours: 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
Rate of pay: Above national living wage
Swansea City is recruiting an education administrator to assist the head of education/welfare at the Academy.
The role will involve:
• Co-ordinating the full-time and hybrid Education Programmes.
• Liaising closely with the Academy head of education and Welfare in respect of all administrative and logistical arrangements required to deliver a comprehensive Education and Welfare Programme.
• Building and maintaining links with current education providers and associated partners and stakeholders such as parents, local education authorities (LEAs), educational agencies and schools/teacher contacts of the Academy scholars and schoolboys.
• Collecting and collating data/information from parents and schools and other agencies
• Managing any appropriate data-base systems related to safeguarding children in line with the EPPP and Data Protection Legislation.
• Arranging host family visits and communicate on a regular basis with them.
• Planning and arranging the Life Skills Programme.
• Liaising with the Premier League and other agencies.
• Representing the football club at any education workshops or training delivered by the Premier League, FA or FL or other specified training agencies.
• Managing the use of the education facilities and resources.
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Use of car
• Professional background
• PGCE/Knowledge of the education system
The ideal candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please forward your CV, covering letter and completed pre-employment questionnaire available here to [email protected] or to Swansea City HR Department, Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea SA1 2FA.
The closing date for this vacancy will be Monday, March 20, 2017.
The company is an equal opportunities employer. The company does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.
The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the company. As part of the company's recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Due to a high demand in applications the club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.