Young Swans battle to draw with Crewe

6th October 2014

Swansea City Under-18s earned a 3-3 draw away at Crewe on Saturday.
The young Swans opened the scoring 12 minutes into the game through midfielder Jamie Latham before two quick-fire goals from Crewe six minutes later saw the home side take the lead into half-time.
Cameron Toshack's side came out fighting after the restart and bagged an equaliser through striker Owain Jones, who broke to run 80 yards of the pitch before slotting past the Crewe goalkeeper.
The visitors then took the lead through midfielder Dylan Thomas, who finished off a fine move after he was played in by Steve Fallon, before Crewe equalised to make it 3-3, 20 minutes from time.
Swansea's youngsters looked the stronger side throughout the game, hitting the woodwork three times from chances through Aaron Lewis, Owain Jones and Liam Cullen, whose effort forced the opposition 'keeper to tip the ball onto the bar. 
Swans Under-18s coach Cameron Toshack felt his side deserved more from the game. 
"I'm very pleased with the performance and the positive aspects of the game, but I feel it was two points dropped. We should have come away with a win by two clear goals," insisted Toshack.
"To draw the game is frustrating because we did a lot of good things, particularly going forward. But this game shows that we still need to work on our discipline and organisation defensively, as well as tighten up those individual errors that let us down."
"Despite the result, the performance the lads put in at the weekend was one to be proud of, particularly the calibre of goals we scored.
"For Owain Jones to pick-up the ball outside our area and run 80 yards really does highlight the lad's physical pace. He just got the ball and ran straight for goal and had the composure to score.
He added: "It was also great work by Steve Fallon, who broke from our 'keeper to assist our third goal which Dylan Thomas fired home."
Swans U18s next face Huddersfield Town at 11am on Saturday, October 11.