Swansea City Under-21s Brighton Premier League

7th December

A dominating first-half display earned Swansea City Under-21s their fifth win of the season at Landore on Monday.
The development squad burst out of the blocks to take a quick-fire 2-0 lead in the first 10 minutes, with striker Botti Biabi netting his first goal of the season before Henry Jones added to the score.
Jones doubled his tally just before the 20-minute mark when he volleyed home from an Adnan Maric cross, and the young Swans completed the scoring when substitute Owain Jones slotted home a Raheem Hanley cross just before half-time.

The development squad made three changes to the team that lost 1-0 at home to West Ham last week.
Goalkeeper Gregor Zabret returned to the starting line-up, while Under-18s midfielder Jack Evans stepped up a level to make his first start of the season.
Defender Stephen Kingsley also made his first start since returning from his three-month loan spell at League One Crewe.

SWANS U21s: Gregor Zabret, Liam Shephard, Raheem Hanley, Jack Evans (Kyle Copp, 60), Joe Rodon, Stephen Kingsley, Daniel James (Owain Jones, 30), Adnan Maric (Alex Gogic, 88), Botti Biabi, Henry Jones, Ryan Hedges
SUBS: Lewis Thomas, Daniel Alfei

BRIGHTON U21s: Harry Doherty, Rob Hunt (capt), Dylan Barnett (Rian O'Sullivan 67), Dessie Huchinson, Ben Barclay, Tom Dallison-Lisbon, Joe Ward, Charlie Harris, Daniel Akindayini, Jack Harper, Connor Tighe
SUBS: Robin Deen, Bailey Vose, Max Sanders, Will Collar

The hosts raced out of the blocks at Landore with Ryan Hedges' header from a Henry Jones cross providing keeper Harry Doherty with his first threat on goal.
Swansea did take the lead just minutes later when Jones stole the ball on the halfway line before charging towards the Brighton box and laying the ball into the path of frontman Botti Biabi, who coolly finished.
The development squad did not relent their attack on the Seagulls and doubled their lead just two minutes later through Hedges, who punished a mistake from Doherty to play in Jones to convert the Swans' second goal.
Swansea continued to attack and netted their third just before 20 minutes when Adnan Maric's cross found Jones, and the midfielder volleyed home his second of the afternoon.
The home side were dominant and came close to adding another through defender Stephen Kingsley's header, but the fourth goal did arrive just before half-time as Jones' free-kick found Raheem Hanley in the left channel, and his cross was directed home by substitute winger Owain Jones.

HALF-TIME: Swans U21s 4 Brighton U21s 0

Swansea continued their attack from the restart with Hedges being denied by Doherty.
Minutes later Owain Jones and Henry Jones saw their powerful efforts saved before Brighton's best spell came on the hour mark as the Seagulls forced a series of corners but Joe Rodon and Kingsley worked well to break down the visitors' attacks.
Both sides played out a midfield battle for the majority of the second half, with Brighton forcing a fine save out of Gregor Zabret in the Swans net.
Swansea continued to look sharp up front and could have had a fifth when Hedges' overhead kick hit the side-netting.
That was the end of the action, with the young Swans seeing out a superb 4-0 victory.