Swansea City Under-21s Brighton Premier League Division Two

17th August 2015

Swansea City Under-21s earned their first win in the Barclays U21s Premier League Division Two at the AMEX Stadium on Monday night.
Debutant Oliver McBurnie scored his first goal since joining the club from Bradford in the summer after the 19-year-old headed home Raheem Hanley's cross after ten minute.
Brighton were reduced to ten men in the second-half when Adam Chicksen was sent-off for a second yellow card after a late challenge on Ryan Hedges.
And the young Swans held on to claim victory as they bounced back from an opening defeat to West Brom.

BRIGHTON U21s: Smith, Hunt, Chicksen, Harris, Cadman, Barclay, Ward (Meyers, 80) Crofts, Akindayini (Kandi, 69), Tilley, Starkey (Barnett, 83).
SUBS NOT USED: Doherty, Tighe.

SENT OFF: Adam Chicksen, 51

SWANS U21s: Vickers, Alfei, Hanley, Fulton, Rodon, Kingsley, James (Fallon, 90), Sheehan (capt), McBurnie (Samuel, 75), H. Jones (Maric, 69), Hedges.
SUBS NOT USED: Thomas, Davies.

REFEREE: Ashvin Degnarain

The Swans took the lead after ten minutes as Raheem Hanley's pinpoint cross from the left flank found the unmarked Oliver McBurnie, who headed home from six yards.
Brighton went close to equalising as Joe Ward beat two men before racing into the box only to be denied by keeper Josh Vickers from close range.
At the other end, the visitors could have doubled their lead but Daniel James volleyed over the crossbar following Ryan Hedges' deflected cross.

HALF-TIME: Brighton U21s 0-1 Swans U21s

Both sides showed their intent in the second half with James seeing his shot saved by keeper Joshua Smith following a fine individual run which saw him evade four challenges.
Then it was Vickers' turn to spring into action as the Swans stopper did well to keep out James Tilley's 20-yard strike.
The hosts were soon reduced to ten men, however, as defender Adam Chicksen was shown a second yellow card for a late challenge on Hedges.
The Swans continued to probe and an inviting Hanley cross was punched out by Smith, then Alex Samuel saw his shot well saved.
Brighton pushed for a equaliser and substitute Remi Meyers went close only to see his shot drift wide of the left-hand post.
And, in a tense finale, keeper Smith almost grabbed a sensational equaliser when he went up for a corner, but he headed just wide.