Swansea City Under-21s West Ham Premier League

30th November 2015

Swansea City Under-21s went down 1-0 at home to West Ham on Monday afternoon in stormy conditions at Landore
The development side would rue a missed penalty in the first-half as Henry Jones saw his spot kick saved.
Despite good chances and creative play from the Swans it was the Hammers who would take all three points as striker Jordan Brown fired home a cross on the hour mark.
The U21s created plenty of chances but failed to find the back of the net before the full-time whistle.

The U21s made three changes to the side that lost against Millwall in the Premier League Cup last week.
Veteran goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel represented the development squad for the first time this season as the U21s' overage player.
Defender Joe Rodon returned to the starting line-up to replace Keston Davies at centre-back.
And Botti Biabi led up front, replacing Oli McBurnie following his loan move to League Two side Newport County.
West Ham went into the game off the back of a 3-2 win at home to Derby thanks to a brace from striker Elliot Lee and midfielder Josh Cullen.

SWANS U21s: Gerhard Tremmel, Liam Shephard (capt), Raheem Hanley, Henry Jones, Joe Rodon, Alex Gogic, Owain Jones, Adnan Maric, Botti Biabi (Kyle Copp, 70), Daniel James, Ryan Hedges
SUBS NOT USED: Gregor Zabret, Tom Dyson, Keston Davies

WEST HAM U21s: Sam Howes, Alex Pike (capt), Vashon Neufville (Lewis Page, 82), Amos Nasha, Emmanuel Onariase, Stephen Hendrie, Noha Sylvestre, Moses Makasi, Jordan Brown, Luka Belic (Kyle Knoyle, 75), Nathan Mavilla
SUBS NOT USED: Tim Brown, George Dobson, Jaanai Gordon

The Swans raced out of the blocks in wet and windy conditions at Landore as the young side looked to get an early goal.
Nice link-up play down the right found midfielder Ryan Hedges to run into the box, his shot parried by Howes before the Hammers' keeper saved a follow-up from Daniel James.
Verteran keeper Gerhard Tremmel saved a low long range effort from West Ham striker Jordan Brown on the ten minute mark.
The U21s best chance of the half came just a minute later when a foul on Ryan Hedges in the box gave Swansea a penalty only for Howes to save Henry Jones spot kick.
Both sides battled to find their rhythem in the difficult conditions at Landore with each side cobbling together half chances.
Swans midfielder Henry Jones fired wide of the goal minutes before the half-time whistle as both sides went in level.

HALF-TIME: Swans U21s 0 - 0 West Ham U21s 

Both sides continued to battle to weather conditions after the restart with Hammers defender Amos Nasha's free-kick going wide before Swans captain Liam Shephard fired a shot over the bar.
The home side looked sharp on the break, a Daniel James through ball almost putting through Owain Jones on goal.
Despite the chances it was West Ham who took the lead on the hour mark when striker Jordan Brown fired home a cross from Alex Pike.
The Swans rallied to create chances in the final third, Daniel James saw his low shot saved by Howes on 75 minutes.
Minutes later the pacey midfielder whipped a dangerous ball across the face of goal beating the West Ham defence but unable to find a Swans player with West Ham holding on for all three points.