Swansea City Under-21s Wolves Premier League Division Two

21st September 2015

Swansea City Under-21s fought to secure their third win of the season in Premier League Division Two with a 3-2 victory over an experienced Wolves side at Landore on Monday night.
The Swans made a dream start and broke the deadlock after just two minutes when Oliver McBurnie headed home Owain Jones' cross for his fifth goal of the season.
Both sides had good chances in front of goal but failed to convert before the break.
Wolves leveled 12 minutes after the restart when winger Eusebio Bancessi burst through the midfield to slot past Lewis Thomas in the Swans goal.
But the hosts hit back through Daniel James and Daniel Alfei, who scored from the spot, in the second-half to take a 3-1 lead.
And despite a late penalty from Bancessi, it was not enough to stop the Swans securing their third league win of the season.
SWANS U21s: Lewis Thomas, Liam Shephard, Daniel Alfei, Adnan Maric, Joe Rodon, Alex Gogic, Owain Jones (Henry Jones, 80), Josh Sheehan (capt), Oliver McBurnie (Botti Biabi, 87), Daniel James, Ryan Hedges
SUBS NOT USED: Alex Ramsay, Kyle Copp, Keston Davies

WOLVES U21s: Aaron McCarey, Tendai Matinyadze, Ashley Carter, Declan Weeks, Danny Batth, Regan Upton, Eusebio Bancessi, Callum Harris (Ryan Rainey, 76), Shola Ameobi (Niall Ennis, 68), Connor Ronan, Donovan Wilson
SUBS NOT USED: Jon Flatt, Anthony Breslin, Aaron Hayden, 

Swansea City Under-21s made a dream start by taking the lead after just two minutes.
The Swans used their first attack to break down the left wing through Owain Jones, and the 18-year-old's cross was headed home from six yards by Oliver McBurnie.
Wolves looked to hit back five minutes later - winger Eusebio Bancessi turned the Swans defence to create space and burst into the box only for U18s goalkeeper Lewis Thomas to save at his feet.
Swansea continued to build pressure with a cross from Daniel James forcing Wolves defender Tendai Matinyadze to hoof the ball over his own bar for a corner.
At the other end, the visitors could have drawn level on 22 minutes after a loose ball found the feet of Connor Ronan, but the frontman's shot deflected wide.
The home side continued to create chances as both Ryan Hedges and McBurnie went close but failed to convert which left the Swans holding on their 1-0 lead at the break.

HALF-TIME: Swans Under-21s 1-0 Wolves Under-21s

The Swans raced out of the blocks in the second half with quick passing from Josh Sheehan and Daniel James finding Liam Shepherd down the right, but his effort was blocked for a corner before Hedges saw his ambitious effort from the edge of the area sail over the bar.
The home side looked in control of the game but Wolves continued to push on the break and they took their chance on 53 minutes - Bancessi tearing through the midfield to slot past Thomas for the equaliser.
But Swansea hit back minutes later with a direct pass through the midfield finding McBurniem who flicked on to Daniel James. And the pacey winger coolly took the ball round Aaron McCary in the Wolves goal to tap into an empty net.
The Under-21s continued their assault in search of a third goal, and Jones' rifled shot was palmed away by McCarey before Sheehan's header was blocked on the line seconds later.
The young Swans extended their lead from the penalty spot when James was brought down after a run into the box. Up stepped Daniel Alfei, and he coolly slotted home.
Minutes later, another penalty - this time for Wolves - was converted by Bancessi to set up a nervy final few minutes.
Both sides battled in the heavy rain at Landore but Swansea saw out the the final minutes to secure a 3-2 win.