Swansea City vacancy graphic designer
31st July 2015
Swansea City AFC have an exciting job opportunity for a talented graphic designer to work within the club's creative marketing department at its Liberty Stadium head office.
The successful applicant will develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, brands and the club website. The role will require a strong communicator to liaise with external printers on a regular basis to ensure strict deadlines are met and materials are printed to the highest of quality.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a HND qualification (or equivalent) in graphic design or related discipline
- be creative and imaginative
- have strong IT skills, with particular knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- have competent drawing skills and be able to visualise both traditionally and digitally
- have knowledge of printing techniques and photography
- have strong time management skills
- have the ability to work under pressure
- be up to date with trends and styles within the industry
- have excellent spelling and grammar
General duties will include:
- liaising with marketing & communications manager to determine requirements for design and budget
- manage briefs from typesetting through to design, print and production
- determine size and arrangement of illustrative material
- produce onscreen graphics for television display
- produce LED Artwork and all match day assets
- website creation for marketing campaigns
- design the programme, online/offline shop and CRM artwork for all departments
Desirable skills and qualities will include:
- a BA Honours degree (or equivalent) in graphic design or related discipline
- holding a full clean driving licence and use of own car
- Knowledge of Adobe Flash and After Effects
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please forward a CV and portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications will be Friday, August 14, 2015.
Swansea City AFC is an equal opportunities employer. The club does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the company. As part of the company's recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Due to a high demand in applications the club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.