Community Trust and Evening Post team up for Christmas Hamper campaign
The Swansea City Community Trust have teamed up with the South Wales Evening Post to help deliver the ‘Everyone Deserves a Christmas Hamper’ campaign.
With over 14 million people living in poverty in the UK, not everyone can enjoy the excitement that the festive season can bring.
Thanks to the South Wales Evening Post, the ‘Everyone Deserves a Christmas Hamper’ campaign aims to provide essential resources to members of the local community who need a helping hand in Swansea this Christmas.
This year, the Community Trust are working with several partners in Swansea – including MPs, AMs, Low Cost Vans, Coastal Housing, Ospreys in the Community, the Co-op, Morrisons, and the Evening Post/Wales Online – to package and deliver Christmas hampers for those in need locally.
Over the course of the Christmas season, the Liberty Stadium will be a drop off point for donations of food and other festive treats. With your generosity, we will be encouraging the donation of items such as gravy granules, mince pies, Christmas cake, cranberry sauce, chocolates, crisps, and even Christmas crackers to lift the spirits of those in need.
On December 19, the Community Trust will be making Christmas hampers out of these donations to be delivered to organisations and doorsteps across Swansea. With your help, we can make a real difference this Christmas.
If you wish to donate any food or supplies but cannot get to the Liberty Stadium, please see the full list below of all the drop off points in Swansea:
- Carolyn Harris MP's office – 485 Llangyfelach Road, Brynhyfryd, Swansea, SA5 9EA.
- Julie James AM’s office – 11 Wind Street, Swansea. SA1 1DP.
- Suzy Davies AM’s office – Cornhill Chambers, 8 Christina Street, Swansea, SA1 4EW.
- Geraint Davies MP's office – 18 Cradock Street, Swansea, SA1 3HE.
- Tonia Antoniazzi MP's office – 17 West St, Gorseinon, Swansea SA4 4AA.
- Jonathan Edwards/Adam Price AM’s office – 37 Wind Street, Ammanford, SA18 3DN.
- Bethan Sayed AM/Dai Lloyd AM’s office – Unit 2, Brunel Way, Baglan Energy Park, Port Talbot, SA11 2FP.
- Stephen Kinnock MP's office – Water Street Business Centre, Water Street, Port Talbot, SA12 6LF.
- David Rees AM’s office – Unit 9, Water Street Business Centre, Port Talbot, SA12 6LG.
- Christina Rees MP's office – 39 Windsor Road, Neath, SA11 1NB.
- Jeremy Miles AM’s office – 7 High Street, Pontardawe, Swansea, SA8 4HU.
- Nia Griffith MP and Lee Waters AM’s office – 43, Pottery Street, Llanelli, SA15 1SU.
- Mike Hedges AM's' office – 97 Pleasant St, Morriston, Swansea SA6 6HJ.
If you would like to contribute without donating supplies, you can donate any loose change via our JustGiving page HERE, or why not come down to the Liberty Stadium on December 19 and extend a helping hand?
Thank you and, on behalf of the Swansea City Community Trust, have a safe and Merry Christmas.