FULL-TIME: Swans 1 Sunderland 1

7th February 2015

Ki Sung-Yueng headed home against his former club to earn the Swans a point during a 1-1 draw with Sunderland.
Jermain Defoe had put the hosts ahead after 42 minutes as he fired low into the bottom following a fine solo run.
That came just 60 seconds after Ki had directed Jonjo Shelvey's cross into the net only for it to be ruled offside.
Despite the home side creating a glut of chances, it took until the 67th minute as a fine cross from Kyle Naughton - making his first appearance at the Liberty - was met by Ki, who headed home from six yards out against the club he enjoyed a successful loan spell.
The draw sees the Swans move onto 34 points from 24 games.

The Swans made three changes to their starting XI.
From the win at Southampton, Garry Monk handed former Saints midfielder Jack Cork his debut while Ki Sung-Yueng was back in action following his Asian Cup commitments with South Korea.
The final change saw winger Modou Barrow earn his first Barclays Premier League start for the club.
The Swans were without the injured Wayne Routledge and Marvin Emnes while Gylfi Sigurdsson served the second game of his three-match suspension.
Sunderland named former Swans Jordi Gomez and Danny Graham in their starting XI, with Gus Poyet's side missing the injured Billy Jones, Will Buckley, Jack Rodwell and Connor Wickham

SWANS: Lukasz Fabianski, Kyle Naughton, Federico Fernandez, Ashley Williams (capt), Neil Taylor (Angel Rangel, 67), Ki Sung-Yueng, Jack Cork, Jonjo Shelvey (Nelson Oliveira, 78), Nathan Dyer, Modou Barrow (Jefferson Montero, ht), Bafe Gomis.
SUBS: Gerhard Tremmel, Jordi Amat, Jay Fulton, Tom Carroll.

SUNDERLAND: Costel Pantilimon, Patrick van Aanholt, Liam Bridcutt, Sebastian Larsson, Jordi Gomez, Anthony Reveillere, John O'Shea (capt), Danny Graham (Steven Fletcher, 76), Ricky Alvarez (Adam Johnson, 64), Santiago Vergini, Jermain Defoe.
SUBS: Vito Mannone, Wes Brown, Sebastian Coates, Martin Smith, Liam Agnew.

In what was a quiet opening half hour at the Liberty, it was the Swans who managed to carve open the better chances.
Firstly, Bafe Gomis shot wide after neat link up play involving Modou Barrow and Jonjo Shelvey before Sunderland saw Jordi Gomez drive wide following a neat run and cross by Anthony Reveillere.
Shelvey then poked wide after Nathan Dyer's neat pass on the edge of the area, before the winger scuffed an effort wide after Barrow had won possession off Patrick van Aanholt.
The Swans kept probing, and Shelvey saw a low free-kick handled well by Costel Pantilimon before the keeper kept his side on level terms as he raced out to deny Gomis after Dyer and Neil Taylor linked up.
The Sunderland keeper was at it again soon after, calmly collecting another curling Shelvey effort from 20 yards out.
The chances kept coming, and Barrow's fine low cross found Gomis six yards out, but the French striker could only direct it wide.
On 41 minutes the Swans did have the ball in the net when Ki Sung-Yueng tapped home Shelvey's free-kick, but the South Korean was ruled offside.
But it was the visitors who broke the deadlock a minute later as Jermain Defoe ran towards goal and skipped past Federico Fernandez before firing low into the bottom corner.
And that proved the last real action of the first half as the Swans were left to rue their missed chances.

HALF-TIME: Swans 0 Sunderland 1

The Swans made a change at the break with Jefferson Montero replacing Barrow as they immediately went in search of an equaliser.
And it almost came via Fernandez, as a Shelvey free-kick dropped to him, but the defender scooped his effort over the crossbar from ten yards.
But the goal finally arrived after 67 minutes as Kyle Naughton's superb cross from the right flank was nodded home by Ki from six yards out.
With the home crowd still celebrating, Garry Monk made another substitution as Angel Rangel came on for Taylor, which saw Naughton move to left-back.
The Swans then went in search of a goal to put them ahead, and a third and final change was made with 12 minutes to go as Nelson Oliveira replaced Shelvey, who had gone close seconds earlier with a free-kick.
And with game entering the final few moments, Oliveira almost claimed a winner as his goal-bound low shot was pushed wide by Pantilimon.
But that was the end of the action, with both sides having to share the spoils.